Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
I have 4. They dabble a little .I try not to push them. My 4 year old wants to tie with me a lot. I tie them but he picks all the material. I've thought about fishing some of them just to see if they work.
You should! Imagine his joy just knowing you used one! Now imagine your joy using it... then catchin a pig of a fish on it!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
If you have a dedicated table or whatever, the odds go way up. I don't, so when the mood strikes me, I have to pull out boxes, dig through material, hooks etc. By the time I get everything ready, I've lost that loving feeling.

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Over the years I've introduced a few to tying, that's one of my excuses for having so many vices ....... (pun intended :) )

Have been tying since 20 its been 3 years now not sure if thats "young"
The part that matters to me is if you enjoy it.
My older daughter ties a fly now and then and she has snagged a couple of my rods too... Younger daughter not much, altho she is a talented artist and I'd bet in just a short time she would be much better than I am.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Nice flies, Carson. Very nice. I'd be confident fishing any of those.

Brings back memories - me and my boy would go for a weekend fishing trip, camping in the back of the truck. We'd fish all day. Then tie flies in the truck by the dome light into the night. That was so fun.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts