Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I've been researching rebuilds for a good six months and have looked through the site many times and decided to join. I've liked most everything I've seen. Some very talented and resourceful men and woman doing some great builds. I've currently got two boats that I'm playing with and trying to decide what and which way to go. I'm not sure if they qualify as as skiff though. One is a 1969 Crosby sled with a Johnson 40 hp and the other is a 1971 Ebbtide bass boat trihull with a Mercury 50 hp 500 thunderbolt. Both motors have very minor work to run perfectly. The Ebbtide has a bad floor and I ripped it out and am getting read to put it back in. I looked through a post from a fellow in Charston and liked what he did and how he did it so that's the way I'm going with it. The Crosby is the one I like the PO gutted it and then dropped dead of a heart attack. His nephew 9 years later finds it in his shed and sold it to me. It's got a lot of potential but there is a lot missing. Transom is bad. Anyway both of these are long term ( maybe a year or more ) projects for me even though the Ebbtide might be a quirky and then sold. I normally fish out of a kayak and like to get into the nasty shallow and out of the way places. I'm getting older and have a few health issues and I can't paddle long distances now. If I'm going to spend thousands of dollars to pedal or pump a kayak I would just as soon get a boat Or build really big stand on top but bigger to be more of a hybrid micro skiff. I may message a few with questions now and then. I'm not on my iPad a lot other then to check e mail every other day and see what somebody sent me on Facebook once a week. This site or group is on Facebook too? So I may use that it's probably got many features or is it the same thing just formatted differently. In closing thanks and I can spell but tend to type fast and not check. Also I'm on meds........ So blame them if I run on and on about something. I love to fish for anything, even go ultra light. Salt or fresh or brackish deep shallow away from people or right next to them I don't care I love to fish and I pay my way if yo are in the northwest Ga area. If you already know where Woodstock is message me and let's go... Anytime of day or night. Any type of fish or rig I'm interested. Be blessed and peace.

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,146 Posts
Well buddy get yourself a flats boat. Then take it to salt water and you won't go back to freshwater

Nice to see another Georgian on here

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome! Hang around here and it won't be long that you'll be wanting a poling skiff!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts