Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not really sure the best way to describe this, but the throttle control on my boat has a fair amount of play in it between idle and wide open. For example, if I'm at full throttle I've got to come back almost the idle position before it starts to throttle down; it's not a smooth acceleration/deceleration as the throttle is moved.

Is this something that can be fixed in the throttle control, or do I just need to replace it altogether?

I believe it's a Yamaha 703 side mount remote control (not sure if that's the correct model)

·
Lowcountry Degen
1,652 Posts
Open it up and you might be able to see what's going on. It could be in the cable, or it could be in the throttle, or it could be in the linkage at the motor. You can try removing one component from the system at a time to figure it out, or maybe just isolate each component and test individually.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Open it up and you might be able to see what's going on. It could be in the cable, or it could be in the throttle, or it could be in the linkage at the motor. You can try removing one component from the system at a time to figure it out, or maybe just isolate each component and test individually.
Thanks for the tip!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts