Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be chasing a ghost with my new to me 06 Yamaha 4 stroke 20 HP tiller/electric start.

Im having overheat issues with it, and at this point I think having someone go over the whole motor for me is the peace of mind I am looking for. Hours are unknown so having someone who knows the motor make sure everything is right.

Any solid mechanics in Jville that won’t be too expensive anyone can recommend? I live in the Mandarin area but will take it where it needs to be.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can’t reccomend anyone that way but what have ya done so far?
Nothing yet. The temp warning light came on on my first trip, and today while I had the boat idling trying to get the wife on board it came on again. Shut the motor down for a bit and it never came back on.
Engine has a good stream of water out of telltale; it was hot to touch but not enough to scald.

Thought about just putting a new water pump and thermostat? I priced them out at a little over $80 for both

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mike Manier @ (904) 838-3743

He works out of Morningstar Marina in Mayport. A bit of a hike for you, but he’s the best around.

·
Registered
'04 HB Devilray Merc 25 HP
1,031 Posts
Yes, change them both and flush with some salt terminator!
I would do this! If you really wanted to get after it you would take apart the area where the tell-tale comes from and give the whole area scrubbed with a brush wire brush.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
337 Posts
Jeff at Isle of Palms in Green Cove is a reputable Yamaha mechanic.

My family has been taking our Yamaha's to him for years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts