Yamaha Gauges?

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by firecat1981, Apr 22, 2013.

1. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

I have a friend at work that has, I believe, an older 21' Bay craft. It came with a digital yamaha gauge package and they need replacement. If he chooses to go with an analog Yamaga gauge is it plug and play?

I ask because a salesman he was speaking to told him the whole thing would need to be rewired if he changed any of the gauges out. Also are there any other brands, besides yamaha's factory, that will work and be easy to switch out.

I have not gotten to look at the boat, just figured I'd ask here cause we do have a few great Yammi guys. Thanks

2. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Been a while but as long as your talking about the older digital guages and not command link, it is plug and play with a yamaha analog guage, but you have to have a extra small harness if its multiple guages for a power feed.

3. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

Definitely not command link. It's an older set, From what he said it's a tach, speedo, and temp gauge.

4. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Yea, it will plug in as long as its a yamaha guage. Theres a 12v jumper you need if you plan on having multiple guages to replace what the single guage did