Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had the gas tank replaced in my maverick. Prior to this, I had a whole new fuel assembly and the F70 mounted. Top end was near 38-39mph and 6200 rpms.

I had the tank replaced recently and think I have noticed my engine performance being reduced. Seems like my top end is around 32-33 now and maybe 5500 or 5600 rpms. I tried manually priming and that seemed to increase the speed to ~35mph.

that has me thinking my problem is either a leak in the fuel hose/loose connection to the tank, or the new tank is not venting properly?

any suggestions? I’m planning to check the fuel lines tomorrow and tighten everything up.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Running that rig on a known, good condition portable - by-passing all of your current fuel system entirely... is the first thing a pro will do. If that restores your performance - then comes the fun of figuring out exactly what's going on... Good luck and post up what you learn along the way..

One other thought... .is there any chance someone (without asking permission...) might have swapped out your prop? A different prop would account for the change in performance entirely...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.