Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My F50 has started faithfully for me, but this past week while out on the water it suddenly stopped responding to the key. (Thankfully my trolling motor got me back to the ramp.) I've put the batteries on my Genius Gen2 charger/tender, and they seem to be strong. Voltage is 12.81 and 13.13. When I turn the key to start the motor, I get a small metallic click. I'd appreciate some thoughts on what I might try looking at next. I'm sure I need to check some fuses, but honestly I do not know where they are located. Since I get a "click" when I turn the key, can I assume that my Blue Sea switch is ok? Any help would be appreciated. Jim

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At least he's not blowing up the site with useless bovine scat trying to sell something.
If the negative comment is directed toward me, the guy who started this thread, then I'll have to think twice about future posts. I've already acknowledged some replies, and I've been quite busy troubleshooting my problem. As it turns out, I believe -- but am not yet certain -- that the issue is the batteries. They charge nicely and are not very old (purchased by the previous owner), so I sort of dismissed them as the culprit. But, I learned from a call to the folks at Electro Aquamate in St. Petersburg that they are the bottom-of-the-line models that have reached their life expectancy. I just purchased Duralast Gold marine dual-purpose batteries from AutoZone. FYI, the "Gold" series comes with a 3-year replacement warranty, and that was a selling point for me. Plus, they have more CCA than the Aquamate batteries that they replaced. It's freggin' cold right now where I live, so I'm holding off a bit to run some water and try to actually start the motor. When I just twitched the key a bit, I got an encouraging "turnover" sound from the motor. So....I'm hopeful.

My sincere thanks to all who replied. I captured some good suggestions that I will take to heart!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts