Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like the midsection driveshaft bushing and nylon holder are starting to deteriorate on my 2006 Yamaha F40. Saw it when I replaced the water pump. I replaced one on another F40 once. I had to remove the power head and drive it out from the top due to corrosion. This one does not look as bad. Any ideas as to what to use to remove it from the bottom after the snap ring is out? I'm not sure why it is needed, but I guess Yamaha felt it was necessary.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found an internal bearing slide hammer at Harbor Freight. The number is 62601. It should do the job. Adjusts from 3/8" to 1 1/4".

·
I Love microskiff.com!
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well, the puller did not do the job. I had to wrap a rag around a hack saw blade and cut the nylon bushing holder in two places. Then I took a sharp screwdriver and broke it out. The puller did get the rubber covered bushing out. I used a sanding roll from a head porting kit to clean up the corrosion until the nylon sleeve would slide in easily. Put the bushing in and put the sleeve and snap ring in. I would replace the sleeve and bushing every year if this thing were new.The corrosion is mostly at the top of the nylon sleeve and bushing.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts