yamaha 90hp 100hour?

Discussion in 'Outboard Maintenance' started by texasislandboy, May 24, 2012.

1. texasislandboy

texasislandboy I Love microskiff.com!

looking to see what I need to do now that I have 100 hours on the ol out board. I was thinking lower unit oil and impeller? I'm still getting around 15psi water pressure but its cheap and worth doing.

2. tntwill

tntwill Hooking Lips is my life

do the impeller once a year imo.

3. texasislandboy

I agree I just picked up the boat and Kinda want to do all of it at once so I know what shape everything is in.

4. Capt Dan Medina

Capt Dan Medina Well-Known Member

spark plugs, impeller/water pump, filters, gear lube, grease fittings/prop shaft, zincs

5. texasislandboy

what filters? I'm planning on working on it this week sometime getting it ready for a few fishing trips.

6. dingdangdoo

dingdangdoo I LOVE FISHING

IF you have questions like that? Than i would spend the money to get the pro's to do it. I just did mine and thought that i could do it also but i'll have the pro's do the first one and then i'll learn how to do it after that. I just had my yammie 70's 100 hr service and new water pump installed.

7. texasislandboy

Well i have done 5 or 6 water pumps and worked a bit on out boards.I just wanted to know what he was talking about only filter i know of is fuel and the one in the tank

8. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Start at the tank, follow the fuel line(s) all the way to the fuel pump(s).
    See how many filters there are. May only be two, one in the separater canister
    and the other, last chance filter, under the cowling.

9. Sheremeta

Sheremeta Well-Known Member

You will see it in a semi clear white housing. There should be one screw holding the housing to it's mount. The housing unscrews and It's just a screen inside. Very easy to do and it will run around $25 for the screen. Boats.net has the schematics if you need them. You don't need to take your engine to a shop unless you are still under warranty.

10. dingdangdoo

dingdangdoo I LOVE FISHING

Yeah, I think I can handle all future 100hr service for my boat. I'm no longer gonna give 300 bucks away to a shop for an hour's worth of work if that.