Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Yamaha 90 Hole in Cowling

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  iMacattack 
#1 ·
I noticed a hole in the front of my cowling just above the "90".  Pretty sure it wasn't there all this time.  It had me wondering all night how this could have happened. 
While looking on the web to see if it can be fixed, I found two others with the same issue.

Has anyone ever seen something like this before?

Someone's post:  http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/forum2/hole-front-cowling-th12736.html

A picture someone posted:

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
BD,
Thanks! Funny how the 90 TLR is a very popular motor and yet, I couldn't find anymore info on it.
I was thinking to have it professionally sealed, repainted and new decal.

btw, where can I get the decals for $6-$9 if I go that route?

Discussion starter · #8 ·
BD,
Thanks for the info, really appreciate it.  Will tackle that after fishing Saturday.

Capt Bob,
I think I ran up on you Tuesday night, apologies.  Didn't see you anchored up until I was almost on top of you. Never seen anyone there before and you guys blended in with the seawall.  I was coming there to net bait and when I realized there was a boat there, I turned and left.
Then we crossed paths about 1-1:30am you were running south and I north.
How did you do?  I put 3 slot and 2 over slot Snook in the boat.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Capt Bob,
East of where we were, the tarpon are stacked up in the shadow lines really thick on the incoming crushing live mullet. You can literally drive up on them. If you want to put down the long rod, Need more info, IM me.

Hoog,
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.