Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This winter, I installed a new fuel tank, did some glass work and repainted my dolphin super skiff. Motor has been sitting since Thanksgiving, fueled up this weekend for the first time in new tank, motor took a minute but then fired right up and ran like a bat outta hell. Ran to first spot, probably a 15 minute run WOT, fished for an hour, went to move spots and after 5 min or so running 3/4 WOT, she sputtered and quit. Would start up and idle roughly and then die as soon as a load was put on it. The longer I waited between starts, the better it would idle. Bulb was full and hard. Ended up getting towed back. At home it wouldnt start, tried it off a separate 6 gallon tank and motor fired right up, switched it over back to the boat's tank and it ran fine again. Did I suck something up into the carbs? Only have inline fuel filter on the motor. Anyways it runs fine now on the muffs but havent put it under a load again yet.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Starbrite makes a great foaming carb/fuel system cleaner called Carbon Eliminator. Try to purge carbs first and then spray it in where the fuel enters carb, and around the intake. Best clean youll get without taking it all down. Check carbs first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts