SOLD/EXPIRED Yamaha 40 hp 2 stroke short shaft(SOLD)

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by captnron, Sep 16, 2008.

1. captnron

captnron Guest

Yamaha 40 hp short shaft 2 stroke tiller.  Published weight is just under 150 lbs.

3 cylinder, 3 carbs.  The motor has been sitting for some time an probably will require some carb work as a result.

$1600.00

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Re: Yamaha 40 hp 2 stroke short shaft

what year is it?

3. captnron

captnron Guest

I think it's an 86. It has very low hours and it's very clean.

4. raulito9506

raulito9506 Well-Known Member

hey i woul buy it but wats the best deal its a lil high for a 86 if u can go lower ill take it off ur hands

5. raulito9506

i need one of these motors i was getting a 40 for 800 yami but u lost it u think u can let go of yours for 1000

6. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

If Ron's selling it I can vouch it's worth every penny of his asking price. Look through his old "for sale" posts.

The man doesn't own or sell anything but good quality, well-maintained stuff.

-T

7. raulito9506

i no he has good things thats why i want that motor im a lil tight on money im trying to get the most bang for my buck my other option is a 15 johnson like a 87 but i dont think it will pull my skiff

8. captnron

captnron Guest

Thanks Tom.

I actually have very little 1st hand knowledge of this motor but it was acquired from a forum member whom I have a lot of respect for. He was straight up in telling me it needed a carb gasket and it's me telling everyone that "I would rebuild the carbs". That's just me and from what I've seen, no different than you Tom. :cool:

I have $2000 invested in this motor and feel it was worth every penny. I called and was told it would be about $400.00 to rebuild the carbs so I deducted that amount to come up with the sale price of $1600.00.

I would fix this motor and keep it but I will now need a long shaft motor. I am pricing new motors as an OEM account and can tell you that someone can have this one for less than half the amount of a new one after paying the mechanic. Yes the motor is about 20 years old, but I'm sure she has many years left in her and it's getting harder to find motors with 15" shafts.

9. captnron

captnron Guest

OK. I have had several offers on this motor, some low ball and some decent.

I am going to let it go to the highest offer that shows up with the cash by mid next week. I just don't have time to mess with it any more.

Thanks for your interest.

CR

10. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

Sell one of your race boats then you can buy a brand new motor! :D

11. FlatCat

FlatCat Well-Known Member

Would you consider a newer (04/05, i think) Yamaha 9.9, 4 stroke, long shaft in trade?

12. captnron

captnron Guest

Sorry, I'm trying to reduce inventory or I would just keep this motor. I rep a boat and building a work boat that have 20" transoms so I'm getting a motor this week to use with both. ;)

13. captnron

captnron Guest

The new owner of this motor asked me to list this @ $1300.00. He decided it was going to be too much for his inflatable. :eek:

14. Lil_Tate

Lil_Tate Well-Known Member

CR is this motor still for sale
    I may have someone that wants it.

15. captnron

captnron Guest

I thought it was SOLD but seems to be a "no show" ::)

Motor is for sale till money changes hands. ;) so YES, it's still for sale. :cool:

16. Chrismico

Chrismico Well-Known Member

What's the latest status on the 40 short shaft?

17. Flyline

Flyline Won "Do More With Less" Award!

CaptnRon,

still have the 40hp?

18. captnron

captnron Guest

This motor is now at a certified Yamaha dealer having the carbs and water pump done in addition to an overall check up.

It may be reposted at a later date to include the service costs.

19. captnron

captnron Guest

Motor is back from the shop with rebuilt carbs, a new water pump and was given a clean bill of health.

I will sell it for $1300 plus the cost of repairs for a total of $1850.00

Please do not be offended if I do not respond to "offers". I want $1850.00 for it.

You can reach me @ captainron4t6@hotmail.com

Before anyone asks, I will get pictures up as soon as I get my computer back.

Thanks for your interest,
    CR

20. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

I'll give ya a $1000 for it!!!

[smiley=1-lmao.gif] [smiley=1-lmao.gif] [smiley=1-lmao.gif] [smiley=1-sillyface.gif] [smiley=1-sillyface.gif] [smiley=1-sillyface.gif] [smiley=1-lmao.gif] [smiley=1-lmao.gif] [smiley=1-lmao.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=bootyshake.gif] [smiley=bootyshake.gif] [smiley=bootyshake.gif]

[smiley=hmmm.gif] [smiley=finger.gif] [smiley=finger.gif] [smiley=finger.gif] [smiley=good-night.gif]