Yamaha 40, CMC Tilt and Trim

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by ugaflats, Aug 6, 2012.

1. ugaflats

ugaflats Well-Known Member

I am going to repower my Native 17 with a Yamaha f40. The only option the includes a tiller handle does not have tilt and trim. I am considering the CMC tilt and trim jack plate. Does anybody have any experience with either the motor or the cmc jack plate? I'd like to hear some reviews as well as any other options you guys can think of!

2. brian.pollock

brian.pollock I Love microskiff.com!

i love my cmc pt-35, honestly dont' think i could ever go back to not having one..

3. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Why can't you get an f 40 with factory power trim?

4. reelmon

reelmon I Love microskiff.com!

I just bought a used 14 SUV with a 20 Tohatsu, which did not have TNT (can't imagine!). My quick advice is to mount it as high as possible, leaving the option of moving the motor down if there are more than one adjusting holes on the motor mount. I found that the higher you can mount it the better, with an option to move it down an inch if too much cavitation occurs. I love mine. I get an extra 5mph.

5. reelmon

reelmon I Love microskiff.com!

Forgot to say it is a CMC PT-35. You can call CMC for some help/advice, but be sure to ask for Eric. The other CS guy is not as helpful.

6. Les_Lammers

Les_Lammers Well-Known Member

I really like mine. The install is easy...measure twice. ;)

I put the relays in a small electrical box. The link below may be helpful.

http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1339374016/10#10