Yamaha 4 stroke F60 2011 not pumping water

Discussion in 'Outboard Maintenance' started by Ragnar, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

Hi

Not exactly a mechanic so looking for some advice. (went through some personal stuff and boat was collecting dust for few months on a trailer)

I believe the water pump must have gone to sh1t :)

Basically motor starts no problems but no water comping out the back - cooling water does not seem to pump.

Did check the holes for blockages and nothing. Submereged in large bucket of water but nothing. Checked all I could and seems to be the water pump.

Any ideas what else I could check and how hard is it to replace the pump - below kit on ebay?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Yam...355673&hash=item1c97348235:g:bNUAAOSwYL9Z2zT4

Cheers

2. Backcountry 16

Backcountry 16 Well-Known Member

Replace the impeller and you should be straight.

3. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

Thanks for the tip. Is it hard to replace? Any good instruction videos you know of?

Cheers
    b

4. Backcountry 16

Backcountry 16 Well-Known Member

You tube is your best bet I would say.

5. Smackdaddy53

Smackdaddy53 Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!

Spend the money and buy a full water pump kit from Yamaha and keep the old one for parts. No sense in putting a new impeller in a water pump housing that you aren’t sure the condition of. Make sure your water tube mates up with the water pump housing when you slide the lower unit back on, don’t force anything together and absolutely make sure you DO NOT move the shifter linkage or binnacle while the lower unit is off.