SOLD/EXPIRED Ya'll seen this?

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by tojo, Dec 8, 2014.

1. tojo

tojo Well-Known Member

http://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/4796332191.html

2. brunyan

brunyan I Love microskiff.com!

I've emailed him. Waiting on a call back. Here's to wishing...

3. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

What's this thing worth in today's market?

4. firefish

firefish I Love microskiff.com!

Its a prank ! Buddy tried and emails dont go throught

5. bw510

bw510 I Love microskiff.com!

Prank.if it sounds too good it usually is

6. FlatsMaster6750

FlatsMaster6750 I Love microskiff.com!

It could be true, my emails are going through. The motor and trailer aren't really worth but maybe $2k so it's priced about right. Good deal for whoever gets it

7. AfterHours2

Got an email from the guy claiming he has an offer of $12,500 for the boat. Seems legit to me. He must of realized he priced it too low..

8. flynfish91

flynfish91 I Love microskiff.com!

Got the same email, I'm really not sure the logic in someone offering 25% more than a fair asking price for a 16 year old boat but I guess its all in how bad you want it! (me not that bad)

9. Lifeaquatic

Lifeaquatic I Love microskiff.com!

The seller has also been in communication with a friend of mine regarding the skiff and the seller said that he is taking the highest offer that is currently at 12.5K. It looks like he wants to bid the skiff up. I wish sellers would just put forward a reasonable asking price. There are a lot of qualified buyers with cash in hand that will walk away from a bidding situation like this. I am one of them.

Good luck to anyone looking.

10. bw510

I responded 2 hours after it was posted with no response then had email back saying spam in my junk mail??
    I figured it was bogus but it's worth a shot
    If he's taking offers wouldn't ya think he'd email back?

11. jmrodandgun

jmrodandgun Well-Known Member

You're exactly right. I would have paid $12.5 if would have asked $12.5. Although I thought $10k was more reasonable considering it's on a terrible trailer, but it's a desirable boat so that's worth something .

Personally I hope he gets $15-16k for the boat. When you keep forcing air into a bubble it's eventually going to pop. There are a few of these boats running around Louisiana, one sold recently for $11k. The ones that don't get sold between friends usually sit on the market for a long time.

12. bw510

So he responded to me and he's at 15k at the moment
    I'm sure he will get 16

That bubble need to pop lol :D

13. AfterHours2

I'm probably going to send a email offering $21.5 so we can get this party started :D

14. MariettaMike

MariettaMike Wish'n I was Fish'n!

Highest and best offers happen all the time for much more money in the real estate business when a select property becomes available. You guys are just mad you couldn't steal it for $10k.

Sellers don't need to be rocket scientist to figure out their price is too low when they get a flood of emails.

15. jmrodandgun

jmrodandgun Well-Known Member

That's bizarre. At least with an auction you have peace of mind knowing that you're actually bidding against someone else. With this, there is no guarantee you're not getting trolled.

16. K3anderson

K3anderson I Love microskiff.com!

So the price is a starting point? Sounds like a scam to me. Buyer beware.

17. TailN

TailN I Love microskiff.com!

Idk, but seems to me a new 16 whip classic is going for 40+. If you could get this for 15, refurb at glasser for 5K new power at 9K, new ramlin 4k. Sell the old trailer and Merc for 4K. Looks like a brand new Whip classic for 29K. Of course I'm no mathematician but if someone was in the market, it makes sense!!

Am I wrong???

18. evan_ott@yahoo.com

evan_ott@yahoo.com I Love microskiff.com!

Sent me an email at 15k too. Said he doesnt want to waste my time if that was to much. Like he knows what I can afford or something. I think he's in shock from the offers he's getting. Anyways I've asked him to call me 3 times now. Still no call.

19. FlatsMaster6750

FlatsMaster6750 I Love microskiff.com!

Same 12.5 email here. Trailer and motor is not worth 4k lol that old merc 25 it $1800 tops and that trailer is $500. I wouldn't pay a dollar more than 12.5 anyways lol

20. evan_ott@yahoo.com

evan_ott@yahoo.com I Love microskiff.com!

Well if someone on here ends up buying it and would rather have a side console waterman. I'm willing to trade skiff for skiff. Looking to down size to a simpler skiff.