Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I have been meaning to start a thread on here for a while but have been too busy in the shop. For reports on any activity up to this point, please visit my website, www.XplorBoatworks.com Please feel free to forward me over any questions or comments or feel free to give me a call 803-518-5660. I'm going to post the entire process that we have undergone at XBW to create the X18 skiff. Hope you enjoy. Cheers!
-Frankie Marion

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You can find more info on the X18 on my website, but here are the stats for the skiff:

• LOA: 18’4”
  • Beam: 84”
  • Transom height: 20”
  • Draft: 6”
  • Recommended Power: 50hp-115hp
  • Fuel Capacity: 25/30 gal
  • Anglers: 4

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got a shiny version to show off. This is the plug shined up for some quick pics this afternoon. The console plug is built to be trimmed to custom heights for each owner, starting height as shown in this image is 39" tall. The skiff will have 15" of walk space around each side of the console and the dash will fit most 10-12" nav units. The tank on the bow and the platform are not being used in this skiff. As of now, it will have a 25-30 gallon tank in the bow. The visible hook in the transom is lens distortion.

Vehicle Boat Water transportation Skiff Speedboat

·
Lip Ripper
1,718 Posts
Looks really good Frankie. gotta bring it down to Charleston once you get it rigged.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,236 Posts
Got any price points to share with the masses? For a center console rigged skiff like you pictured above?

Please pm me if you don't want to post on the forum.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the tiller version will start at $18,500 for boat motor and trailer. The Console version cast about $2000 more (includes remote steering add on to the motor). If you would like a full price sheet for any additional options please shoot me a pm or email [email protected].

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally got out for a final wettest on the X18 hull. Can't tell you how excited I am about this skiff. It does so many things well. Looking forward to getting on the road with a few of these shortly. Here are a few pics of her running around.
Water transportation Vehicle Boat Recreation Skiff

·
Registered
89 Posts
Good looking boat. Love your films. "Searching" is fantastic. That opening boat launch scene is very cool.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts