SOLD/EXPIRED wtb

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by devrep, Apr 16, 2015.

1. devrep

devrep Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can get a console like this?
    [​IMG]

2. evan_ott@yahoo.com

evan_ott@yahoo.com I Love microskiff.com!

I would say ECC. HB sells them but their price. And they will only sell if they do the install. I just sold mine a few months back and contacted them about a price just so I would know what to ask. They said $1000 + hourly shop rate for install.

3. J-Will

J-Will I Love microskiff.com!

East Cape did the conversion of this boat to a side console. This is that same side console that they put on their Lostmen and Furys. If you're thinking of converting a mitzi to a side console, I would highly recommend it. I love the way it opens the boat up.

4. devrep

devrep Well-Known Member

Not for a Mitzi, but for an aluminum StarCraft refurb I'm going to be doing with my grandson. I'll contact east cape. Thanks for the help guys.

5. marshman

marshman just try to follow me....i dare ya...

Can't that be built fairly easily? It's a plywood box...

6. firefish

firefish I Love microskiff.com!

bet johnathan could make EASY !!!

7. evan_ott@yahoo.com

I knew I remembered that Mitzi from somewhere. I was at ECC looking at a Glide when it was at their shop. Cleanest Mitzi I've ever seen.

8. devrep

devrep Well-Known Member

I could do the plywood part but have zero glass skills.

9. Check out fibertex in Corpus Christi tx (the stiffy push pole manufacturer).  They make a side console for their own line of boats which is similar but not exactly the same.  They have the mold and can make and sell one and they are pretty reasonable.  I was there two weeks ago looking at one.  Look at the pictures of the xsile boat and it will be the console on that boat.

http://stiffypushpoles.com/xisle-boat

10. evan_ott@yahoo.com

I've always wondered how many of these skiffs they've actually built. I didn't even know the existed till last year. Looks like a pretty cool little Texas rig. Anyways the console looks identical to my old HB console. Just 2" or so taller.

11. BCPD199

BCPD199 I Love microskiff.com!

What he said! When I was looking at a 16' Waterman that was tiller control, I asked him about adding a side console. He said "No problem" I don't think there's one person on here that hasn't been satisfied with him.

12. They have made 8 of the boats in the last 10 years, pretty low volume.  There's one sitting in their manufacturing bay full of neat options and a decent layer of dust. 

They are putting a center console in my skiff so I got to poke around for a while.

13. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

I was gonna suggest a ECC because it looked just like the one on my Lostmen. I now know why it looked so familiar.  And yes if you have to have a console on a small skiff. A side console is the best thing. Next to a tiller of course :D

14. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

Does your boat have a liner in it? If so you can run a brace to the floor to help with flex. If not you have to brace it from underneath to the side. Due to the floor flex on nonliner boats. It would just bust it loose in no time.

15. ronyates90

ronyates90 I Love microskiff.com!

simple job ......buy a small center console from a marine salvage co,get out your saw and cut it down " simple "

16. CurtisWright

CurtisWright Light, Strong, Cheap. Pick Two.

It's a square. Would be pretty easy to make