SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: Wrecked, Damaged Neglected Micro skiffs

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Jakeellington, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Jakeellington

Jakeellington I Love microskiff.com!

Looking for a micro skiff project. I am looking for a specific type to fix rebuild. Some thing Like and old Dolphin, Egret Hells bay Ect.... 14-16 ft super shallow and simple designs.

I would really like to find a damaged or neglected Boat that is structurally ok.

Thanks

2. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

Isn't that an oxymoron? like jumbo shrimp, or military intelligence? ;)

It would be helpful if you listed your price range.

3. Jakeellington

Haha I was thinking the same thing when I wrote that I guess what i mean is a boat that has been damaged but not so bad it is beyond repair.

My price would be relative to the specific hull and its condition.

4. victor78

victor78 I Love microskiff.com!

Scalesntails, check out my hewes in the for sale section. It is not damaged, but it is a classic, and it is at a good price point. It is also on CL here is a link http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/boa/1935944889.html

5. edholzer

edholzer I Love microskiff.com!

I have a prodject boat i started but cant afford to finish cause of the economy right now. I have pictures of it in and out of the water has a nice sound hull and deck. I have to resize the photos and will try to post them.

6. Charlie

Charlie I Love microskiff.com!

I know this is off-topic, but I've given alot of thought to Jumbo Shrimp as an oxymoron, and finally decided since size is relative that the creatures we call jumbo shrimp are in fact really big shrimp, and therefore jumbo shrimp. Sorry bout that, but had to say it. ;D

7. Jakeellington

ED I would love to see them

8. edholzer

I started on this but work got slow. Its a 1963 Winner I cut the top of the boat down its nice and fair cut and was going to enclose the forward deck and stern with flush decks and wide gunnels with a cockpit in the center. Threw a motor on it and gave it a sea trial. but did not get much further than that. I used to take it out on the flats and didnt draw much water and deck and transom are in excelent condition for the age of the boat. Hull is also pretty fair. hope this picture comes out

9. edholzer

here is another shot

10. HighSide25

HighSide25 Well-Known Member

off topic more, sorry, but i must..........

Bubba: Have you ever been on a real shrimp boat?
    Forrest: No, but I've been on a real big boat.

that is all... continue