SOLD/EXPIRED WTB trailer tonuge

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by snooknreds2, Aug 26, 2008.

1. snooknreds2

snooknreds2 Well-Known Member

I am looking for a used trailer tongue that is in decent condition. Does any one have one laying around that they want to sell?

2. snooknreds2

3. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

Lots of stuff you can use for that...I made one trailer out of 3 in gal pipe I found very close to a dumpster it could have been in the trash.
    u-bolts and treated lumber.

How long do you need? I think I spotted a steel 3x3 pole holding up a patio very near your back yard...

4. snooknreds2

ops that's what i thought, i was calling it the wrong name.  I went and bought steel to extend the trailer already.

I meant to say the receiver maybe?  The part that the ball on your truck bumper goes into and then it locks down on the ball...

or i will try this way...
    the part at the very end of the trailer which hooks to the ball on your truck bumper

Wow i am ignorant :'( :'(.....what is it called?

5. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

Coupler

only run about $20 new

Check E-bay I have gotten some deals on trailer lights there in the past.

6. snooknreds2

thanks matt now i am edumacated ;D

yea i saw them at sailor man for $20 and should have grabbed one i just hate buying stuff new when i know some one has one sitting there they dont use. Even if it is the same price as a new one i would rather get the recycled one, as long as it is in decent shape and i dont have to drive far to get it cause then you end up spending more in gas on the used one than on the new one. I just dont like to feed money to corporations if i can avoid it.

BTW i have one but the spring in it is no good can i can just replace the spring probably right?

7. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

The spring is onlt there for convinance you don't need it if you don't mind pulling the locking plate back with your hand.

I did it for years on my bike trailer. Man I miss riding...

8. snooknreds2

I will probably just keep this one then and spray PB blaster in it...that ought to get the trick done

9. Un-shore

Un-shore Well-Known Member

Not to derail this thread but Matt, what distance is close enough to a dumpster to be considered trash? There is a whole pile of stuff here at the office that might be trash that I could use. It's one of those construction site dumpsters so the size has to be a consideration too correct?
    ::)

10. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

Two things to factor in.

1. Camras
    2. do you have a van

lots can be blocked with a cargo type Van..

I have only heard of this type stuff from late night tv you know the crime shows.

11. captnron

captnron Guest

Careful. If it even resembles a construction site, you could be asking for big trouble. Just say'n

12. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

Matt ... You miss riding ... Riding what ? If you miss it so much , Just Do it ... Dave

Wife ...Kid ...Job No Excuse !

Life is too short not to live it to it's fullest !!!

Dave

13. snooknreds2

I agree...now if you will excuse me i have to go call my fishing buddy to tell him i wont be going cause i need to spend time with the wife ;D

No seriously, i really do agree with you, just thought i would make a bad attempt at some humor

14. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

If Your SO REALLY Loves you they will Facillatate your Happiness ;)

Dave

15. snooknreds2

yea I know it was a joke... Trust me i have the best wife in the world and she does not mind one bit that i need to go fishing.  I just am so busy that I dont get to spend as much time with her as I want, so some times i willingly give up the chance to fish so i can spend some quality time with her.  That might have something to do with why she doesnt mind when i decide to go fish last minute ;) My life would not be lived to the fullest with out her in my life!!

16. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

I have had a bike or two in my day, Will have another one day soon. . Got a new Noe since mid july han't gotten her wet yet. Will be in Vero for three day weekend, only going to work from the LapTop 2 maybe 2 1/2 days,going to take the boat out the other half day and I am looking forward to it