Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looking to buy a Tibor Freestone or Signature 5/6. Know the Freestones come at a premium, but just wanted to see if there are any out there. Thanks in advance!
Ahoy!
I have a BRAND NEW -- NEVER USED -- TIBOR FREESTONE, Serial Number A225, including neoprene pouch, papers, box... all new. Insearch of a forever home.
Purchase for $1,000 plus $50 packaging, shipping, and insurance.
Thanks for looking!!
Steve

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looking to buy a Tibor Freestone or Signature 5/6. Know the Freestones come at a premium, but just wanted to see if there are any out there. Thanks in advance!
Ahoy!
I have a BRAND NEW -- NEVER USED -- TIBOR FREESTONE, Serial Number A225, including neoprene pouch, papers, box... all new. Insearch of a forever home.
Purchase for $1,000 plus $50 packaging, shipping, and insurance.
Thanks for looking!!
Steve

·
Registered
533 Posts
Might you be interested in my Abel Super 7? Its similar in size to the Freestone. Matte black with an extra matching spool. Looks like new. Start a conversation if you want pictures.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
There are two Freestones on ebay right meow:

$1,250 - used with extra spool

New in box, $1,325 - international

I recall one two years ago these were going for around $600 if my memory serves me. These have really shot up since then - getting into Wedding Cake territory.

Do you really want to fish a Freestone though? That's an expensive reel for a 6 wt, imo. Great drag and hard to find, but if I had it would not be my go to reel. In fact, it may just sit on a shelf and look pretty for me at this point. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There are two Freestones on ebay right meow:

$1,250 - used with extra spool

New in box, $1,325 - international

I recall one two years ago these were going for around $600 if my memory serves me. These have really shot up since then - getting into Wedding Cake territory.

Do you really want to fish a Freestone though? That's an expensive reel for a 6 wt, imo. Great drag and hard to find, but if I had it would not be my go to reel. In fact, it may just sit on a shelf and look pretty for me at this point. :)
Yeah I saw those, but definitely outside of my price range at the moment. I agree, really just wanted to see if there’s anyone out there willing to come down from that price to something more reasonable. For sure taking a look at other options that are similar. Thanks for reaching out!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.