Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2017 LT25
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all, want to buy the smallest Shaw Wing, have the next size up and want to go a step down. If I don't get a bite in a couple days ill just buy another one new. Just seeing what's out there!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
Modified Styrofoam Dixie Cup powered by a 20 horse soap sliver and HB Waterman with 50 HP tiller.
205 Posts
Title says it all, want to buy the smallest Shaw Wing, have the next size up and want to go a step down. If I don't get a bite in a couple days ill just buy another one new. Just seeing what's out there!
I have a used one. You can have it. Just pay the shipping. It was last on an Evinrude 50.
Can't hurt to try.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2020 BT MOSQUITO
78 Posts
I have the smallest version of the Tran Sport plate " Brand New Un cut / Un mounted " I would sell & ship for $ 185.00 if you decide to go that route.

·
Registered
2017 LT25
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a used one. You can have it. Just pay the shipping. It was last on an Evinrude 50.
Can't hurt to try.
[/QUOTE
I have the smallest version of the Tran Sport plate " Brand New Un cut / Un mounted " I would sell & ship for $ 185.00 if you decide to go that route.
does it bolt through the original cavitation and plate?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2020 BT MOSQUITO
78 Posts
does it bolt through the original cavitation and plate?
Yes, it would require drilling of holes into existing cav plate to secure it. If your skiff is a sponson skiff you will need to shape the overall layout of the design to fit when turning left to right lock. if you have a non sponson flat transom you will not have to modify overall shape at all unless you desire. I originally bought it to fit my BT Mosquito as the Mosquito has a very small " key slot " transom between sponsons so they sold me the smallest option avail.

·
Registered
2017 LT25
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, it would require drilling of holes into existing cav plate to secure it. If your skiff is a sponson skiff you will need to shape the overall layout of the design to fit when turning left to right lock. if you have a non sponson flat transom you will not have to modify overall shape at all unless you desire. I originally bought it to fit my BT Mosquito as the Mosquito has a very small " key slot " transom between sponsons so they sold me the smallest option avail.
Awesome, do you have the mounting hardware to go with it? Or does it matter where the holes are drilled, only because I have some existing holes in the cab plate from the previous owner having a giant hydrofoil

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2020 BT MOSQUITO
78 Posts
Awesome, do you have the mounting hardware to go with it? Or does it matter where the holes are drilled, only because I have some existing holes in the cab plate from the previous owner having a giant hydrofoil
I dont have any hardware that was sent to me from TranSport specifically but, I can include some 1/4" SS fasteners and lock nuts that I have on hand if you like. You will have to drill new holes in the plate to fit your particular cav plate size and may be able to use existing if they line up well. You will have to notch out the plate to fit your lower unit shape as well FYI.
TSPLATE1.PNG TSPLATE2.PNG TSPLATE3.PNG

·
Registered
2017 LT25
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if Feltonard passes on this I would surely take you up on that offer Xcapnjoe.
I went ahead and took him up on his generous offer but we had a deal if it doesn’t work for me, I’ll pay it forward and gift it to you or whoever is interest at the time!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
Modified Styrofoam Dixie Cup powered by a 20 horse soap sliver and HB Waterman with 50 HP tiller.
205 Posts
I drill holes in all kinds of stuff, you would hate what I do!
Here’s a 45/64ths hole in a brand new F70 lower unit.

View attachment 168240
I don't mind using the tools. That's the fun part! It's the drilling into my brand new motor part that bugs me.
It's so shiny...

I'll get over it in a minute.

·
Registered
1989 16' El Pescador
30 Posts
How wide is the smallest transport and how wide is the smallest shaw wing? I've never been able to find any dimensions on either one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts