Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I live in the St. John's county area, NE FL and looking for a nice used skiff I can keep in my garage and fish by myself or a couple friends. My kids are 1 and 3 so something I can keep for a few years and take them along with. This will be a 2nd boat so not looking to break the bank, just needs something stable and reliable. Would really like a Ankona SUV or something similar. You can reach me here or at 904-415-2304. Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys thanks for the posts. I prob should have been a little more specific. While I would love a gladesman with 2 little ones looking for something with a 60" beam min. and 16 to 18'. Something I could take the whole family 2 adult 2 little kids. This would be rare but is a wifey requirement...lol

·
Registered
346 Posts
The ankona native would be perfect, keep your eye out for one. I was able to snag a used one with a 30hp 2 stroke for less than 6k, needed some work but it's an awesome boat, does around 25 with 2 people and gear, eats a chop and poles like a dream.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The ankona native would be perfect, keep your eye out for one. I was able to snag a used one with a 30hp 2 stroke for less than 6k, needed some work but it's an awesome boat, does around 25 with 2 people and gear, eats a chop and poles like a dream.
Nice, 14 or 17 and sounds like you really like the boat. Where did you find her?

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2021 Ankona Advent
2,983 Posts
Nice, 14 or 17 and sounds like you really like the boat. Where did you find her?
Finding Native SUV's for $6K or in you price range is going to be like finding a CCA STAR tagged redfish. The Salt Marsh 1444 will fit the bill nicely and is a great little skiff.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I found it local to me in Titusville, it was actually posted on trick my skiff on Facebook. Looked at it on a Friday 1 day after it was posted, water tested and took it home on Sunday. I actually would've missed out on it if a friend of home hadn't commented on the post. It showed up as I was scrolling on Facebook and I knew it was the right boat for me. It's an awesome boat, floats in about 6in with the trim tabs up for polling around with 2 people and gear, gets on plane in less than 2 foot with my tabs down. It tracks super straight even in a wind and it's eats a chop very well. It does bow steer though which you have to be careful of but it's easy getting used to. I have the 14'8 version and I can easily fish 3 people on it. It's a great all around boat, and if you do some research like I did hull slap is mentioned a lot, I have yet to experience any and I've polled in 10mph winds that should've been extremely loud for hull slap and it was dead quiet!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts