Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed to FL at the end of Nov and will be fishing from a kayak and need a rod that's a bit more manageable.
I missed out on the Bass II when they were on clearance and would like to grab one now if anyone has one.

Also looking for a 10wt reel for another rod.
Something with a large arbor (hatch, nautilus, ross, etc), used or new.

· Lowcountry Degen
2021 Conchfish 17.8
2,171 Posts
What kind of $$ are you thinking for the reel? I've been tossing around the idea of selling my Orvis Hydros LA 10wt reel (gold) since it hardly ever gets used.

No pictures at the time, but it's mint condition. It's this one:
https://www.orvis.com/p/hydros-large-arbor-fly-reels/3r5t

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of $$ are you thinking for the reel? I've been tossing around the idea of selling my Orvis Hydros LA 10wt reel (gold) since it hardly ever gets used.

No pictures at the time, but it's mint condition. It's this one:
https://www.orvis.com/p/hydros-large-arbor-fly-reels/3r5t
I'm targeting $350 or less for a reel, but will consider spending more depending on what comes up.

The Hydros wasn't on my radar, but seems fully capable of what I'll be doing with it.

· Registered
318 Posts
I don’t have the Sage but I do have a Loomis Shortstix I would sell. 7’6’ 8/9 wt. Got it to use on a kayak which I never bought. Shore fished a couple of times. $275 shipped if you’re interested.

· I Love microskiff.com!
680 Posts
Redington makes a short stick too. Predator 7'10" 8 weight. I got one to fish dock lights and canal tarpon on a intermediate line. Worked so good, I just bought another one to put a short head floating line on. Swing weight is really light and you can put the hammer to a fish quick around structure. I think $299 retail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.