SOLD/EXPIRED WTB- Pathfinder 15T

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by FINCHASER, Mar 23, 2008.

1. FINCHASER

FINCHASER Well-Known Member

If anyone sees one of these for sale please let me know...thanks.

2. limelightsc

limelightsc Well-Known Member

if you are still looking...

http://www.inshore-fishing.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17931

3. FINCHASER

Thanks Limelight ;D.. I am still looking, but that is a 17T :'(. I want the 15

4. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

any specific reason for the 15 as compared to 17?

5. jbuch1

jbuch1 Well-Known Member

One hit FloridaSportsman.com today.

http://boatstore.floridasportsman.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl_bo?boatflat&1212271191

Really clean looking boat. Good Luck.

6. FINCHASER

imac- Well I thought the 15T was offered in tiller only which is what I would prefer but... I can see now by the one posted by jbunch that I was wrong. A 17 would work for the right price and that is plan "B" in case i cant find one, but I just want a very simple, light as I can get skiff that would run decent with 25-40hp and the tunnel is a plus. That is a good looking 15T but am I the only one who thinks that boat is waaay overpriced??? I've seen some awesome looking 17t's lately with alot more accessories on em for alot less money?!?!

7. captnron

captnron Guest

Imac has a lot of experience with these so if I were you, I would pay close attention to his advice.

The 15T you see for sale appears to have a very proud owner especially in the soft market but since the hull is no longer made, it has some value in a specific market. Especially since it's a side console with all the goodies. It also appears to be in exceptional condition. If you are looking for a general purpose boat, then I suggest the 17T. It runs the skinny better than a 15T and the extra room is really nice. I found Imac's to be very comfortable for the duration of the day with the two of us. My 15T got a little tight with two IMHO.

8. EurosportCC

EurosportCC Well-Known Member

Nice looking boat for a good price. http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1998-PATHFINDER-BOATS--92136511

9. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Ok here is the poop IMHO...

If memory serves my well (sometimes it doesn't) there were only about a hundred 15T's ever built. They are rarely for sale and typically don't stay on the market very long. The 15T is a great little skiff that is economical to use and easy to maintain.

They are slower that the larger 17T's by about 4-5mph on average. They only fish 2 anglers comfortably and draft a bit more than the 17T due to displacement area. I fished with a guy who has a 15T. To quote him "the 17T rides like a Cadillac compared to my 15T" The 15T's do not have a live well but many of the 17T's do. That was my biggest reason to go with the 17T vs. 15T.

My 17T is a center console. I have been on both the center and side console and for me I like center better. I can put my trolling motor battery in it to help distribute the weight and for longer runs it's more comfy. This is a personal preference and by no matter is it the perfect solution for everyone.

DO NOT buy any "T" Pathfinder WITHOUT TRIM TABS... let me say this again... DO NOT buy any "T" Pathfinder WITHOUT TRIM TABS... One of the tricks to getting a T to run as good as possible in nasty chop is to point the nose down then heal her over on her side. What I mean is you want to run the skiff on it's edge (within reason for the conditions) and let the edge of the skiff cut through the wake. To do this, let's say your running is a decent chop, it's coming from the port side. You want to lift the port bow while lowering the starboard bow. This will run the skiff on it's side and will cut through a chop as best as the skiff can.

Here is a short video I made a bout a year ago when we took both tunnels to mingo. The owner of the 15T had his angler shooting video while we only too still shots. But in it you will see both my 17T with a 60hp and his 15T with a 40hp.

You will need Quicktime to view the movie.

17T vs. 15T

The 15T is a very good boat, but the 17T I feel is better in the long run.

Cheers
    Capt. Jan