SOLD/EXPIRED WTB Mitzi skiff or Pathfinder 15 or 17T

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by birdwelljax, May 25, 2012.

1. birdwelljax

birdwelljax I Love microskiff.com!

Looking for a Mitzi skiff any length or a Pathfinder 15 or 17T. Interested in any age and most set ups. The older Mitzi, the better since I am working with a budget. Let me know if you know of any out there. Thanks!

2. RJC

RJC I Love microskiff.com!

I've got a 2006 Mitzi 15 tiller w/ 40 yam four stroke trlrt troll mtr alum trlr I will put for sale on site ASAP with pics

3. birdwelljax

Dutchman, I sent you a pm. Thanks.

4. birdwelljax

I am interested to know if anyone has owned both of these and what your thoughts are. I have been told the Mitzi will take a chop much better but the finish quality of the boat is not as nice as the Pathfinders. The Pathfinders are know to run in a puddle but you always here about stringer issues. What other things should I be aware of while deciding between the two? Thanks.

5. k.cheshire

k.cheshire I Love microskiff.com!

U have to figure out which boat will suit ur needs the best. I have fished off boat the 17t and 16 Mitzi. Both r great boats. IMO the Mitzi has a better ride and can get a little skinnier than the pathfinder. The pathfinder, like u said, will run in spit but r known for the stringer issue. The Mitzi has a drier ride in my opinion. Also the paths did not come with a live well or bilge unless the owner had work done. But like I said, both r great boats, but if I had to choose it would be the Mitzi. Good luck with the search. And these r just my opinions.

6. captflossman

captflossman I Love microskiff.com!

I currently own a Mitzi 17 and there are not many technical skiffs that ride as dry. My father owns the Pathfinder 17T and wants me to put it up for sale in the next couple weeks if you would be interested. I am going to pick it up this week and go through it first but probably gonna ask $6500. Its a 99' w/ less than 250hrs on a 2-stroke yamaha 60. Older motorguide bowmount t/m. Bennett trim tabs and stainless prop. It just needs a good cleaning but if you are interested let me know and I will email pics when I am done.

Thanks

7. nani

nani I Love microskiff.com!

PM sent Birdseye

8. birdwelljax

Okay I have decided to focus only on a Mitzi. After much consideration I feel this will fit my needs better than a Pathfinder 17t. Let me know if you know of any for sale outside of this forum or if you know someone thinking about selling. I am working with a budget so the older possibly the better. Thanks.