Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember there was someone on here that had some connections in finding these still. Whether original or restored, any help would be greatly appreciated, and the best way to contact me is at (28one) 85zero-824seven.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Plenty of these short shaft, two stroke 10-30hp two strokes in Minnesota. Personally, if youre going that route, I recommend johnson or evinrude for a short shaft, two-stroke as the parts are still abundant and theyre super reliable.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts

Plenty of these short shaft, two stroke 10-30hp two strokes in Minnesota. Personally, if youre going that route, I recommend johnson or evinrude for a short shaft, two-stroke as the parts are still abundant and theyre super reliable.
All the older 2 strokes are reliable and simple with mercury getting the nod for the shifter in the tiller handle I have 2 that have run flawless since 04 best motor ever built in my opinion.

·
Registered
18 Posts

All the older 2 strokes are reliable and simple with mercury getting the nod for the shifter in the tiller handle I have 2 that have run flawless since 04 best motor ever built in my opinion.
The term "older" is subjective as I am referring to two strokes pre 2000. I have run yamaha, evinrude, johnson, mariner and mercury; and, johnson has always been the most reliable for me, even for earlier 70's models, starting on the first or second pull every time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. I currently own a 2003 Merc but am feeling the need to find another just in case I start having issues. Keep your ears open for me if you don't mind!

·
Registered
63 Posts
A little off the rails here, but...I'm up here in MN looking at all the brands. Johnson / Evinrude 30hp uses same powerhead as the 25's, same weight. Lately just rough or boat packages available, but I just missed a 2006 Merc for 1350 & an 07 Yammy for 1850. I've got 2 johnsons (smaller) super light weight and stout. Right now 2 rough Johnson 25's for 5-600 on CL and an old but supposedly solid 84 Evinrude with the 30hp mod for around 1k. Also, the last Tohatsu - who made the Merc 2 strokes of this era size range - 30hp was available as light as 101#!

·
Registered
18 Posts
A little off the rails here, but...I'm up here in MN looking at all the brands. Johnson / Evinrude 30hp uses same powerhead as the 25's, same weight. Lately just rough or boat packages available, but I just missed a 2006 Merc for 1350 & an 07 Yammy for 1850. I've got 2 johnsons (smaller) super light weight and stout. Right now 2 rough Johnson 25's for 5-600 on CL and an old but supposedly solid 84 Evinrude with the 30hp mod for around 1k. Also, the last Tohatsu - who made the Merc 2 strokes of this era size range - 30hp was available as light as 101#!
theres a mid 90’s 25hp Yamaha up near Ely for right around 1k and early 90’s, late 80’s 30hp Evinrude for 850 near Virginia.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts