SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: Merc 9.9 or 15hp 2-smoke

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Flyline, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Flyline

Flyline Won "Do More With Less" Award!

WTB: 2001 to 2005 Mercury 9.9 or 15hp 2-stroke tiller short shaft and must be a good condition or New In Box.

PM me or leave mesage here.

Thanks.

2. captnron

captnron Guest

Good luck. I bought what I thought was the last new 15 2 smoke in the continental US. I looked for months and that back in early 06.

Good luck in your search but IMHO your [smiley=headbang2.gif] [smiley=headbang2.gif] [smiley=headbang2.gif]

Life's too short. Go with another 9.9 Merc 4S or the Honda 20 @ 101 lbs - were only talking 15 lbs at this point and we know the Honda 20 is a proven powerhouse.

just my .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002 sense

3. Flyline

Captron,

I agree about the honda 20 is proven powerhouse but I have new 25hp yamaha 2-stroke in the garage that only 5 more horses and 5 more lbs over honda 20. I tried on NMZ on the lake and it's way too much power because when I hit half throttle, the motor went crazy and bump it over 30 mph easily with plenty throttle left.

So I'm going to look for a 15hp range to keep that in between 9.9 and 25hp to be safe and have plenty of speed.

I'm gotta go for 9.9 merc 4-stroke or 9.9-15hp 2-stroke but haven't decided yet.

There's no way I'm gotta put 25hp yami on NMZ and piss everyone off on the water.

4. Flyline

Captron,

I agree about the honda 20 is proven powerhouse but I have new 25hp yamaha 2-stroke in the garage that only 5 more horses and 5 more lbs over honda 20. I tried on NMZ on the lake and it's way too much power because when I hit half throttle, the motor went crazy and bump it over 30 mph easily with plenty throttle left.

So I'm going to look for a 15hp range to keep that in between 9.9 and 25hp to be safe and have plenty of speed.

I'm gotta go for 9.9 merc 4-stroke or 9.9-15hp 2-stroke but haven't decided yet.

There's no way I'm gotta put 25hp yami on NMZ and piss everyone off on the water.

5. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

If you have a 25 sell the NMZ get the LT and your done.

6. Flyline

Keep captnron's old NMZ and I really love it!

I already got another "new boat" for 25 yami.........wink.

7. Flyline

It's called "backwater 18" and been waiting for lonnnng time for it!

8. Flyline

It's called "backwater 18" and been waiting for lonnnng time for it!

9. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

That's an ANDROS you won't pull the trigger on a boat like that...not you!

10. Flyline

Well.....I will post pics in few weeks. ;D ;D ;D :p