SOLD/EXPIRED WTB HPX 17V (cash in hand)

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by snookman716, Sep 26, 2014.

1. snookman716

snookman716 I Love microskiff.com!

Like the title says cash in hand ready to purchase just about any 17v.

2. sotilloa1078

sotilloa1078 Well-Known Member

What about and HPX S?

3. snookman716

I considered it and I love the S, but I really want the V hull for some of the more open areas I fish when it can get nasty. Although I haven't ever been on an S so I can't speak for the ride and etc of it.

4. jason_sullivan

jason_sullivan I Love microskiff.com!

The S is very impressive in a chop and floats extremely shallow.

5. snookman716

That's what I've heard. What's the reason for you selling yours? I have seen a good number of the S's going up for sale was curious on why people were selling already.

6. flynfish91

flynfish91 I Love microskiff.com!

Really this is the first S used I have scene onthe market? If I had 7000$ extra $ this would be mine. I have fished on the S once and being a former V owner I would buy the S hands down, it is a true marvel!

7. snookman716

I've seen 3, but that doesn't really matter to me just curious on if there is something people aren't liking. Anyways how would you guys say the S would handle a Biscayne, and keys chop I know Tides fishes biscayne and keys. I just want a smooth and dry ride for clients. The V had just always been the ultimate maverick and I've been dead set on one so it'll be hard to steer me otherwise but it's definitely possible to.

8. jason_sullivan

The reason I am selling is I have to downsize a bit with boats. It has nothing to do with the performance. The performance is unreal. It would do great in biscayne bay and the keys. I frequent those waters fairly often. This is definitely one of the driest skiffs I have ever been on.

9. snookman716

I gotcha. I would have to wet test one before anything because i cant say ive been on a skiff as versatile and amazing as the V, thats why im so set on finding one although like i said i could possibly be convinced with the S if it were to preform as everyone says. Have always loved the S since it came out.

10. acraft1720

acraft1720 I Love microskiff.com!

I ran and poled the S with an F70 and it rides great in a chop, slightly different than the 17V but floats shallower and is more stable. It would be a very versatile boat and I didn't find anything not to like about it. With the 18V I sometimes carry 3 people (plus me) and it has a little more cockpit space for that plus an unbelievable ride in chop without sacrificing much draft. There's always a tradeoff between different hulls but I think the S would be my choice if going with a 17' boat. You should definitely test one!

11. jason_sullivan

The boat is in South Florida and you can wet test it anytime. I agree, if your going with a 17ft boat, this is hard to beat.

12. sotilloa1078

I do fish Biscayne quite a bit. But I'm the wrong person to ask lol I am a HB guy through and through. What I can say is I have run side by side with Jsul and the HPX S was handling the chop very well! If you live down south you should definitely get with Jason and take his boat for a spin. Seems like he's practically giving it away at that price compared to a brand new one.

Tidesright

13. snookman716

Yes definitely i will have to take you up on that offer to wet test it cause i am very interested now after hearing all these things. You have an email i can contact you at?

14. sotilloa1078

Look him up on his site. www.risingtidecharters.com

Tidesright

15. hankG

hankG Well-Known Member

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/boa/4689905100.html

16. snookman716

Found that one contacted him and might purchase it. Thanks Hank.

17. hankG

hankG Well-Known Member

good luck on your deal. Mavericks are awesome.

18. Godzuki86

Godzuki86 FlounderPounder

I love mavericks. Wish it was in my budget when I bought. Good luck on the purchase!

19. snookman716

Thanks guys, i am sending a deposit for the skiff tomorrow and going to pick it up next week.