SOLD/EXPIRED WTB Hell's Bay

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by TC, Jul 14, 2012.

1. TC

TC I Love microskiff.com!

I'm looking for a used 17.8 Professional of 18 Waterman. I appreciate any leads. Thanks!

2. TC

Still looking.

3. dingdangdoo

dingdangdoo I LOVE FISHING

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2001-Hells-Bay-Boat-Works-Inc-Whipray-337422

the best one out there!

and the one your looking for:

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2002-Hells-Bay-Boat-Works-Inc-Professional-17.8-335383

4. flatsmaster22

flatsmaster22 Well-Known Member

Call Tom Gordon at Islamarine 305-396-0586. He has a lot of HB's come into his shop

5. TheBrazilNut

TheBrazilNut Guest

LOL! You have been looking for less then a week! Most anyone would tell you 6-12 months to find what you are looking for. No Joke.

BTW, if you come across a 17.8 made in the early 2000's please let me know. Looking for one that's not in the best shape/needs work etc......to re do/project and hang my 90 hp Yamaha tiller on it.

6. Net 30

Net 30 Soy un Perdedor

Man that 2002 17.8 in Texas is one FUGLY boat!

It took me 3-4 months of looking and I had to drive 5 hours the day the ad came out to get it. While I was there the owner had 4 calls between TX and NC all wanting to buy the skiff. Be picky and get the one you want but don't hesitate!

7. dingdangdoo

dingdangdoo I LOVE FISHING

the whipray is about the best deal and boat out there for a hells bay

8. TC

Big thanks to jakman65 who was kind enough to go down to Port Aransas and check on that 17.8 Whipray for me. (BTW, I don't know jakman65, just found him on this forum when looking for somone in that area.) He took lots of pics for me and, thankfully, informed me that it was a tunnel hull which the owner didn't state. I don't want a tunnel.

For anyone interested the boat is in pretty good shape. A few cosmetic issues but nothing too major. The 90 hp Yami 2 strk has only 84 hrs. It has a jet drive but he has the original unused lower unit. The motor sits high on a fixed plate attached to the transom. Seems uncomplicated to put back to original or convert to hydraulic JP.

Again, thank you jakman65! Great guy. I also appreciate the others who've been helpful here.

In the meantime, I'm still looking.

9. flyfisher14

flyfisher14 I Love microskiff.com!

What price range are you looking for? I am just now getting ready to sell a 2008 Gordon/Hells Bay 18 Waterman that is in excellent condition.

10. TC

Flyoneon, PM sent.

11. Barbs_deep

Barbs_deep I Love microskiff.com!

If the OP doesn't want this boat... how much are you asking ?