SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: Hells Bay, Beavertail, East Cape, Etc.

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by 1luckyfisherman, Mar 5, 2012.

1. 1luckyfisherman

1luckyfisherman I Love microskiff.com!

Just sold my offshore boat this past weekend and looking to re-invest in a tech. skiff with a reputation above all others. I know I'm looking for a needle in a haystack, but I'm hoping I can get some leads and ultimately find what I'm looking for through the users of this site. I have limited funds to work with, but I believe based on what I've seen on this forum, and others, there are people looking to upgrade or get themselves out of a financial situation and/or obligation making it helpful to both parties.

I'm looking for a boat in the 15-20K range, 17-19' preferrably with an e-tec, but would consider a 4-stroke. Looking for side mount console (will consider any steering setup as long as its not a tiller), poling platform, jack plate, tabs, trolling motor, etc., and it needs to draft a maximum of 8-9" fully loaded with gas, gear and passengers. Electronics would be a plus but not critical. Also has to have a trailer worth of the ride back to Wilm. NC.

If anyone can help a brother out, and put me on the right rig, I'll treat you to a full day guide service here in and around Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach/Southport for FREE and I guarantee you will see and catch fish.

Email works, but feel free to call. Have cash in hand and ready to negotiate.

Thanks for your consideration!
    Capt. Jason
    910-540-0319

2. TheBrazilNut

TheBrazilNut Guest

http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1323447526

It's a tiller, IMO the best set-up. I would at take a look at it since it is very close to you. Used Hells Bay Skiffs may from time to time be in that price range, but will sell within days. You might be able to find an ECC and the best bet would be to call Kevin and find out his customers who will be going into a new ECC and have a lead on a used one before it hits the market.

3. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

There was a Tiller HB in Charlseton a few weeks ago for $13.5K :eek: on craigslist I have side console ECC Lostmen. And I love it. Great roomy feeling. And I can pull my TM and stash it under the console when tossing flies. My last boat was a center console. I dont think I will ever own a skiif with out a side console again. The first time my wife and 2 kids went out in it. We were sitting around sides eating lunch. And she said we could have acampfire in the middle with all the room. The Lostmen is super stable compared to HB Watermans. The HB can be a bit "tippy" :D. What kind of water will you be in?

4. 1luckyfisherman

Braznut, I've been in contact with Kevin, but there's not anything to speak of moving around right now. He had a vantage, but well outside of my budget. I saw the tiller set-up close by, but I'm hell bent on a side console.

Swamp, bumpy deep to still shallow and anywhere in between. Will be mostly flats fishing but have to run big water from time to time. I'm holding out hope on "the one" and I hope its an East Cape

5. swampfox

The Lostmen will be OK ocasional big water days. It has a drop down nose to cut thru the chop. If you use the tabs right it provides a suprisingly decent dry ride at 20-25mph. Like all skinny water boats its a compromise. Mine has the add on spray rails-mandatory IMOP. See if you can find a early production no liner one. Thats what I have and it floats stupid skinny. Its a kevlar/carbon package. I scored and got it cheap at $14,400 :eek:. Adam told me it would be $40k plus for a new one built to the specs of mine. So they are out there if you keep looking. You are more than welcome to give mine a spin to see if its for you. I'm just off I20 in columbia,sc. I fish the Cape Romain area/ Charlseton. Might be able to meet in that area one day. If you are gonna br guiding out of it. The Lostmen has a HUGE front deck. I think its the biggest in the industry. I have had 4 full grown men in it. And it was doable. Im gonna be in the Keys in May with 4 guys in it for 4 days. :D It will comfortly ride 2 clients.

6. camp

camp I Love microskiff.com!

OK....I'm looking forward to that day of fishing....I came across something while surfing for boats which made me think of your post. Bossman boats has a new 2009 beavertail btx hull for sale for $7900. The hull is hunter green which might be why this hull is unused. If you can live with that, I have to believe with your budget and with a little help from some of the talent on this site you could end up with a brand new boat and motor. Anyway good hunting. just for the record I have no connection to boat.

7. nameofadam

nameofadam I Love microskiff.com!

You may fit into a new inshore powerboat. ask kevin about that.

8. swampfox

I thought IPB was a thing of the past. Are they still making those?

9. nameofadam

nameofadam I Love microskiff.com!

They still have a webpage, im sure they still have the molds. I would check.

10. mdiaz707@gmail.com

mdiaz707@gmail.com I Love microskiff.com!

I saw that green beavertail btx a while ago when I was hunting for a skiff. Wont be able to get hatches for that hull since al the molds were destroyed when beavertail got busted. Its too bad because that is a great hull.

11. 1luckyfisherman

I'm good on the IPB but I appreciate your input. I have just about convinced myself to go brand new and pull the trigger on a vengence. East Capes Fury is a bad ass boat, and is in the same price range, but the build time and a few other minor clitches have me leaning towards a new Beavertail.
    Headed down to Fla. next week to do some scouting with the intent of securing a nice little boat.
    Thanks for everyone's input!

12. mdiaz707@gmail.com

mdiaz707@gmail.com I Love microskiff.com!

13. 1luckyfisherman

14. 1luckyfisherman

still looking for a bone....

15. Er-Leigh_Bird

Er-Leigh_Bird I Love microskiff.com!

I'm about to list my Hells Bay '02 17'8" Whipray. Was waiting until it is detailed this weekend, but saw your post, so I'll tell you about it. I'm the original owner. 60 hp Merc 4-stroke-runs well. Center console. 24 v Motorguide trolling motor. Garmin GPS/fishfinder, etc. everything works well. In good shape. Ready to fish. If you're interested, I'll get some pictures out once she's detailed-should be this weekend. I'm in St Augustine, and don't fish as shallow any more. Just bought a 17 Maverick Master Angler.
    Rob
    Bucktale@bellsouth.net

16. Er-Leigh_Bird

Forgot the price.....20k OBO.
    Rob

17. 1luckyfisherman

Photos would be great. Send them to: 1luckyfisherman@gmail.com

I've looked at a few boats, but havent found the right rig yet. Still shopping around.

Thanks for the reply!

jason
    910 540 0319

18. contenderv07

contenderv07 I Love microskiff.com!

same here, if you get a chance send some to willhwalker@gmail.com

19. Er-Leigh_Bird

I sent out emails with pictures to those who inquired about the Hells Bay.
    Rob