SOLD/EXPIRED WTB glade skiff

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by TailN, Feb 15, 2015.

1. TailN

TailN I Love microskiff.com!

Anyone know where I can pick up an older HB gladeskiff? Prefer the older 2004 and earlier non liner version. Condition is not really important, can always refurb it. Have cash in hand for the right skiff. Let me know if anyone has any leads!! Thanks

2. austin_gross18

austin_gross18 I Love microskiff.com!

have you looked at the eastcape gladesmen

3. nsbsurfer15

nsbsurfer15 I Love microskiff.com!

Ya, I heard the gladesman is a way better boat.

4. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

[smiley=1-whoops1.gif] >

5. ziggysrq

ziggysrq I Love microskiff.com!

Not really that comparable IMO besides the name.

http://hellsbayboatworks.com/skiff-pages/skiff-specs/gladesskiff

http://www.eastcapeskiffs.com/skiffs/gladesmen/

6. TailN

I've owned a gladesman, and a lostman, a B2, an Action craft, and now a Whip Pro, but I'm looking specifically for an older gladeskiff that has no floor and removable poling platform.

Need something that is light enough to paddle if I want to, but sturdy enough to throw a 25hp Merc 2 stroke on it.

All of these boats are good for something, but the gladesman is still too heavy for what I want to do with it. Thanks

7. coconutgroves

coconutgroves Well-Known Member

TailN -

I was about to post a comparison question thread between a Gladesman vs Gladeskiff. Your comment about weight on the Gladesman - how much difference is there, equally rigged?

The reason I ask is that one of these, or something very similar, will likey be my next boat. I'd love to pick up a Gladeskiff if I could - I just don't see them much here around my area in TX. A few people have them, but they hang onto them.

8. AfterHours2

If I'm not mistaken, a Borski Gladesmen weighs in around 130 lbs. A new Gladeskiff is 440 pounds but has a liner. Can't see it loosing more than a 100 pounds being a basic build but I could be wrong..

9. RTS

RTS I Love microkona.com!

TailN,

Having owned both boats, I consider the Glades Skiff superior in every way except I seriously doubt you will find one lighter than a Gladesman. ;)

10. TailN

Don't want this to turn into a "HB is better than", I'm looking specifically for an early original Gladeskiff, which has a removable poling platform, removable fuel tank and removable 25 HP Merc 2 stroke. The skiff (by itself), should weigh 150lbs approximately. Ive owned a gladesman also and it weighed in at 255bs with the 15hp 4 stroke, poling, and casting platform.
    the gladesman is matched with a 15HP motor, the gladeskiff is matched with a 25HP 2 stroke. The gladeskiff is already customized with a removable poling platform, fuel tank. I would have to pay for this customization at eastcape. The older gladeskiff has no liner and stripped down it can be paddled easily. The glademan I had was very difficult to paddle and the platform would get caught up in the mangroves and trees in the creeks.

The Gladeskiff is simply a preference, not knocking the Gladesman. Either would do the job.

BD431, I realize your a HUGH Eastcape guy. I truely hope you own a Eastcape for the rest of your life. It was great to see your fish catching ability increase, with the purchase of your last Eastcape.

Anyone who has any leads please send them my way. Finders fee may be applicable. Except for BD431. He already has too much money.

11. AfterHours2

Best of luck on hunting one of those TailN. It seems like once a person buys a HB, then they hold onto it for quite some time. Take into consideration how few of the Gladeskiffs were actually made and your chances get even harder. I would like to see one first hand though. Seems like it is more of a NMZ edition than anything else..

12. TailN

13. nsbsurfer15

If i find what you are describing it won't escape my grasp haha

14. coconutgroves

coconutgroves Well-Known Member

TailN - good explanation, thanks for explaining. Definitely helps to know some of the differences.

I would still run up to 45 minutes to and hour in some cases, so a 25hp would really help shorten that ride. Once there, I need a true 4" = 4.5" draft. My B2 gets right at 6.5" - just enough where I can smell those skinny back lakes, I just can't get into them at average water heights here in TX.

15. RTS

If I wanted to split hairs, a Glades Skiff "sans liner" was about 120lbs less. ;) 

16. AfterHours2

^ Wonder how much the Gladesmen Lodge weighed? Never seen one but there are few still floating around..

17. evan_ott@yahoo.com

evan_ott@yahoo.com I Love microskiff.com!

^^^Im pretty sure Tyler at Castaway has one. Anyways a few questions... How is a Gladesman heavier than a Glades skiff? Not saying its not. But isn't is smaller? Did ECC just over build the heck out of it? When did Glades skiffs get a liner? I know the hull design changed to closer to the Ambush but I'm pretty sure it still doesn't have one. Could be wrong. And last but not least when did BD431 get an ECC. I thought he was in the Strike army?

18. nsbsurfer15

Lmao. Nicely done ;D

19. RTS

http://www.inshore-fishing.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12976

20. evan_ott@yahoo.com

evan_ott@yahoo.com I Love microskiff.com!

Links not working for me. Well it is but its not showing me anything. The glades skiff does not have a liner. It does have a raised floor just like the older whips to make the cockpit self bailing. IDK if your saying it has a liner because its not a raw floor like my waterman or what.