SOLD/EXPIRED WTB Ford Excursion 4x4, 7.3 liter diesel

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by TomFL, Mar 21, 2011.

1. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Looking for a 4x4 diesel excursion with the 7.3 liter diesel. No 6.0 liters please!!!

Looking for one in great shape, not chipped/modded, previously wrecked or lifted.

Prefer Limited or Eddie Bauer trim lines....

If you have one you're looking to sell or know of one, please pm me here or you can reach me at 772-521-9990.

Thanks

-Tom

2. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Gonna start makin your own biodiesel tom? Lol

3. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Tom have you looked at Gibson Truck World in Orlando? http://www.gibsontruckworld.com/Default.aspx  They turn over a lot of diesel trucks and have some good deals now and then.  Also check out www.PowerStroke.org for info and the classifieds section.

My truck is the 6.0 diesel but I spent almost a year looking before finding the right one.  Sure there are some known problems with the 6.Oh but easy to head off with preventative additions & maintenance. Don't be scared of them!  If I can answer any questions, let me know.

4. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Gramps, I have checked out Gibson and it seems they're $10k higher than what the street price is for trucks I've seen by private owners. So high, in fact, that I haven't bothered to call them to even see if they're willing to bargain a bit!

I registered on the PS forum, thanks for that link.

Based on what I've heard from service techs, I think you got lucky with your 6.0, so I'm glad to hear it! Don't sell yours if she's been good to you!!

I've got time and am not in a rush so I'll keep looking for the right one. There are some really good V10 ones out there that are hard to pass up right now though!!

-T

5. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

I'll just burn all my leftover gear oil!

-T

6. FlatCat

FlatCat Well-Known Member

Gibson and Nation (across the street) have obscene prices. Their formula is: take high mileage big trucks + very good reconditioning + add accessories = prices and profits much higher than market.

7. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

C'mon guys, I need a truck!!

Would even consider the right V10 gas motor truck at this point!

-T

8. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Wait a minute [smiley=1-mmm.gif]

Clark - that right there is an Rrr Vee

9. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

SH*TTER'S CLOGGED!!!!!!!!!

I'm out of the excursion market boys, found my truck today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[smiley=dancing-smilie.gif]

10. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

'04 Eddie Bauer, wound up going with a 2wd V10 after a lot of consideration and realizing I've been living just fine without 4wd for 40+ years.

The diesel I wanted for gas mileage mostly, but after doing some math I just didn't think the extra $$ was worth it to me.

Honestly after driving it I was sold. He tossed my wife and I the keys and said come back when you make your mind up. The difference in the ride quality between the 4wd and the 2wd is huge; the 2wd is not stiff and jittery and it holds the road perfectly.

Plus, it gets much better gas mileage so it won't put me in the poor house. I watched the lie-o-meter go between 13mpg in stop-and-go and 18 and climbing at 55 with the cruise on. He told me he consistently averages about 14 overall since he's bought the truck, which really surprised me but he's done a few little things like take the horizontal bars out of the roof rack, EX3 plugs, green filter, mobil 1 and synthetics throughout, he even removed and stored the 3rd row seat and 2nd row headrests to save weight (in a 7k lb truck not sure how much difference that makes :) ). etc.

88k miles, rear captain's chairs ;), Hellwig rear sway bar, rancho 9000 9-way adjustable shocks, slotted brake rotors, etc etc. The guy took exceptional care of it and it shows.

I'm happy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plus, I don't need a trailer to tow a gheenoe anymore..I can just put it inside :D

11. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Bring that tank and get the kennel so snotz has a place to sleep.

Congrats on a nice find.

12. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Anyone looking for a 7.3L might want to look at this one:

http://treasure.craigslist.org/cto/2286379020.html

-T