SOLD/EXPIRED Wtb flats boat

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by HunterMann, Jun 29, 2011.

1. HunterMann

HunterMann I Love microskiff.com!

Wtb flats boat have cash an ready to buy looking for something that can handle a little chop for tarpon fishing but still be able to pole for tailing reds let me know what y'all have thank you

2. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Come on boss, we need more info! Location, budget, size, options, motor, trolling motor, new, used, turn key, project...

3. HunterMann

17-23k options would like to have a trollling motor not a must will be fishing for tarpon during the summers and tailing red in spring and fall would also like to get a four stroke let me know what anyone runs across

4. TheBrazilNut

TheBrazilNut Guest

You can buy plenty of new skiffs for that. ECC Caimen!

5. HunterMann

I really wanted to get a ecc vantage just don't have that kind of change what are some good skiffs that can handle some chop

6. tgaud11

tgaud11 Well-Known Member

Handle a chop while tarpon fishing and still pole for tailing redfish and looking to spend 17-23K. I would look on the used market for a 2002-2006 Maverick HPXV17. I would think that would be a perfect boat for what you are looking to do and also would fit in your price range.

Also, Don't hesistate to talk to the guys over at ECC. I have never owned one of their skiffs but they seem to be good with working with customers.

Good Luck..I have been searching for a couple months now for what I'm looking for and I have had no luck!!

7. HunterMann

Yeah I have looked at the hpx and like the boat just hard to find one I would love to look at the ecc boats but just don't know alot about them

8. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

There have been a few SilverKings for sale recently. They are a little heavy, but they are next to very few when it comes to proven tarpon chasing capabilities. An Egret would be another option, but even in the used market you'll need more scratch.

9. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

For that price range why not buy two boats that suit your needs. A fairly priced skinny water skiff and a chop friendly bay boat would be my choice. I would spend the main $ on a used 18-20ft Pathfinder and then settle for something a little less like a used Gladesman or Gheenoe. If you look hard enough, eventually a deal will come around. Good luck!

10. HunterMann

Yeah that's sounds all good but I wouldn't have any place for two boats

11. HunterMann

Still looking for a flats boat really want a four stroke let me know if any body runs across a nice boat

12. winyahjay

winyahjay Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are describing a Maverick HPX-V. I fish the skinny water and run across the chop for tarpon. Love that boat.

13. HunterMann

That's pretty much what I'm looking for

14. winyahjay

Have you looked on the Maverick forums. Noticed a nice 2007 HPX-V up for sale this am. It is a little above your price range, but he may be willing to negotiate with you.

15. winyahjay

I think there was a 2002 for $17K.

16. HunterMann

yeah i saw them im looking to get a four stroke though they are nice boats really hoping to get one how do you like yours is it pretty dry boat

17. fishtrapper

fishtrapper I Love My Caimen!

I think there is going to be a caimen comming for sale very soon that will be in your price range with a 4 stroke and lots of extras

I would just keep an eye on east cape skiffs site or contact Kevin and he will be able to get you the info on it

18. gmckee1

gmckee1 www.pineislandangler.com

I'm still planning on selling my Beavertail later this month when I order a new one. I've got a B2 with a flawless running 2-stroke Yamaha 50 that'll do everything you want. Take a look at it here:

http://www.pineislandangler.com/2011/06/2006-beavertail-b-2-for-sale.html

19. winyahjay

Love it. Very dry compared to my last skiff. It was built to pole in shallow water, but also to handle chop. Most functional rig IMO. Lots of pretty boats out there that get ultra skinny, but I was looking for versatility.