SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: Flats Boat

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Jacob_Johnson, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Jacob_Johnson

Jacob_Johnson Well-Known Member

I am new to microskiff but I am kinda getting used to it. I have a little 10' jon boat with an 8hp yamaha and I want to upgrade. It you would like it id sell it for $1000 obo so I can get some cash for the future purchase. Im looking for a boat that is 16 to 18 feet long and 2000 or younger. I don't really care how much horse power as long as it can top around 35mph and can go through some chop. I would like a side or center console for around $10000 or less. Thanks

2. Lappy_16

Lappy_16 Well-Known Member

I have a Hewes Bonefisher for sale. Here is the ad on Fla Sportsman, price is negotiable. Call me with questions.
    Tony 727-421-0014

http://boatstore.floridasportsman.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl_bo?boatflat&1289177596

3. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

where would you be fishing most of the time, also how many would be going most of the time?

4. Jacob_Johnson

I live in fort myers Florida so I would be fishing mostly in pine island sound with just 1 to 2 people.

5. skinny_water

skinny_water Well-Known Member

Would you be going out to Boca Grande Pass for the Tarpon Run?

6. Jacob_Johnson

I'm thinking about it, I mostly do skinny water fishing for reds and snook but I was thinking about goin for some tarpon.

7. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

01 Mako Inshore 1550 w/60 merc

I have this flats boat I have been thinking about selling. Its 2g less than your budget. It spent most of its life in Titusville fishing the Goon. It is all composite so it should last a lifetime. For some specs 01 60hp merc, 2-tone gel white w/blue on upper side, 24v motorguide, poling platform, center console, new fish finder 6mnths ago, LEDs thru out including interior cockpits-great for tying knots in the wee hours, no slap hull design-sneaky!!, Super shallow 6 inches loaded-it has sponson on the rear,spray rails, Lenco trim tabs, lots of storage and big livewell/cooler,new trailer in 08 with LEDs thru out, new axle/bearings/hubs(bearing buddy failure chewed up axle) used once, break-away tongue and new jack-2mnths ago-also will throw in Stiffy push pole. They only made these a couple of years. They quit when Bass Pro shops bought Mako out-victum of bean counters. But the boat prove itself with Rob Fordice (in the 17ft version)winning the Gold Cup(most prestigious) tournament against Hells Bay, Maverick,Dolphin, ect.. Moved fron T-ville to Lexington,SC 3 years ago and just dont fish like I used too(2-3hrs to coast)-also added 2 kids since. Would be willing to deliver to upper part of Fla aslong as we can fish  ;) Been saying I am gonna sell it for 3 years now and havent. But if you want it I'll take 8k for it. Can be reached at 404-376-6711 Jon can send some pics

8. Jacob_Johnson

The boat sound great!! I would love to see some pictures of this beauty! Just send me some pics and il think about it. What did you say the draft was 6"?? anyway, i cant wait to see her. if i decide to get it id love to do some fishing with you :cool:

9. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

Quick pic

Heres a quicky I snapped while working on the Wife's car in the shop tonite. Its dirty as hell. But this will give you a idea of what it is. This a technical little skiff. I forgot to add that it will hold 8 fly rods -AND- 6 spinnners/bc. So you can carry more than you should. The 8 full length tubes under the walk around gunnel are rear facing(shotgun style). This allows you too change rods quicly without having to go all the way to the back of the boat. Sometimes you have to make that shot fast! Even the $40k skiffs are just catching on to this benifit. It also has a fly rail built into the front deck to keep your line from blowing in the water. Most boat companies screw and glue a plastic rail on after the fact. Its a technical little boat. Hard to find more in this price range. After I get the wifes car fixed I will post a add with more detailed pics this weekend.
    oh yeah the fish finder is a Hummingbird 383 GPS plotter. I use it to find my way home-I can see the fish :D

10. TheBrazilNut

TheBrazilNut Guest

You should be on I95 towards Fairfax, VA to buy that Copperhead right now. I would just change it back to a tiller! ::)

11. Jacob_Johnson

That copperhead is nice. To tell the truth I'm too lazy to drive up there! All I know is that there will be better around the corner.. hopefully... I'm thinking of getting an "ugly boat inc" custom sniff side console and putting an used 30 HP yamaha. From what I have heard, there one of the best little skiffs out there. ::) ::)

12. Jacob_Johnson

custom skiff*** and its called the river rat 15' it has a 6" draft and i have heard that it can hold some chop pretty good. so i might go with a custom one if i can find a 30hp engine that is younger than a 2003  :-/

13. roob76

roob76 Well-Known Member

14. Jacob_Johnson

Does anyone know if I can make a tiller to a steering wheel drive? If I find an electric or pull start tiller, can I make it to a turn key start and steering wheel drive?

15. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Yes, but be careful. Converting a manual start tiller to a key start remote motor can cost $1,000 alone.

16. Jacob_Johnson

If I were to decide to do that... where could I go or how could I do it?

17. Gramps

Go to your local marine supply, marina or mechanic. There are a multitude of parts needed and you have to find all of the required part #'s, then place an order.

What make, model & year of motor are you looking at?

18. Jacob_Johnson

2007 F25ELPT 25HP 4-Stroke Mercury Engine. Less than 10 hours on it. Max RPM 6600. Aluminum Prop, Electric Trim & Tilt. Its at a secret place ::) that i found on craigslist

19. Gramps

20. Jacob_Johnson

Thanks! If I were to use hydraulic steering.. it would be another couple hundred dollars right?? Does it matter to have hydraulic ?