SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: Fin & Feather

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Jigalode, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Jigalode

Jigalode Stay On Point

Interested in a Fin & Feather.

The one I was planning on seeing this weekend just sold...help me out guys! :-/

2. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

Have you seen the new Wingmaster version?

3. brunyan

brunyan I Love microskiff.com!

4. Jigalode

Jigalode Stay On Point

Yeah, they have a nice setup. Have to look into them a bit more.

5. Jigalode

Jigalode Stay On Point

I have been considering this one but realized it's an earlier model and doesn't have the deck layout that I was expecting. I don't mind putting in some work, but I wasn't expecting to rearrange all the decks either.

Thanks for the help though!

6. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

I had a 96 years ago. Very shallow and stable but super wet. That was the reason I got rid of it. Best of luck on your search though..

7. Jigalode

Jigalode Stay On Point

Thanks AfterHours. I'm used to wet boats...no big deal. I've just always had a thing for the Fin & Feather :D

8. captbrad7387

captbrad7387 I Love microskiff.com!

http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1414338444/0#2
    I got mine for sale in Texas if you don't mind the long drive

9. Jigalode

Jigalode Stay On Point

Little bit too far for my interests. Thanks for responding though.

10. Backwater

Backwater Fly Fishing Shaman

I found this Sundowner Explorer for sale. It is very simular to the Fin and Feather but it's about a foot longer at 16'9" and the guy is running a 2 stroke 50 Yami on it. I have one and a 50 would fly. Imagine what a Gheenoe 16ft super would look like with about 3" higher freeboard, rolled over gunnwells, 60" wide in the center, about a foot narrower transom and almost a ft longer. Dryer boat that a Gheenoe and could go head to head with a Fin and Feather.

So I found this ad on craigslist and actually talked to the guy. He said it was redone with composite nitacore decks. I think his price is a deal. ;D

http://ocala.craigslist.org/boa/4770145373.html

11. Backwater

Also, I can't say this enough, the Sundowner is dryer than a Gheenoe of any kind, as well as the Fin and Feather.

However, I found this ad for both a Fin and Feather and a Sundowner for sale.

https://for-sale.yakaz.com/poling-skiff

12. Backwater

http://keys.en.craigslist.org/boa/4739401937.html

So I looked at the Yakaz ads for you and it appears that the Fin and Feather's ad was removed (appearantly Yakaz graps the ads from craigslist) but the Sundowner's ad is still there and the boat is in Florida.  If you look at this ad, you will see the details from the pics why it is dryer.  They all have the same basic bottom, but unlike Gheenoe and Fin and Feather, the Sundowner's freeboard flairs out instead of straight up or even back in.  Also, it has rolled over gunwells instead of no gunwells like the other 2 boats (just using black railing).  Both of these features rolls the water back away from the boat instead of allowing it to slide up and over the railing (which they are known for). 

Also, if you notice the narrow transom width.  The boat is wide in the center (allowing for side to side stability) but tapers back, thereby reducing drag and allowing the same size outboard to push a larger boat at the same speed.  The guy says (in the previous reply above that I made) says that his Sundowner can handle the 50 Yami just fine and the boat will run 38+ mph and handle that speed just fine.  PErsonally, I have no need to go that fast with mine, but my new motor will be a Honda 30hp and I'm rigging for stick steering. 

Believe it or not, When I 1st got mine, it had a 18hp Tohatsu 2 stroker that pushed it just fine with 2 people.  I sold that motor to go with a 25 4stroke.  But I also had a 8hp 2 stroke Yami tiller that I threw on just for kicks to see what it would do and of all things, I was able to plane out the boat without much trouble.  I used that lil ob for a little while (barely used fuel). That's when I figured out that the narrow transom reduced the hull drag.

These boats are not built anymore, like the Fin and Feather.

13. Jigalode

Jigalode Stay On Point

Hey everyone! Appreciate the help with locating a Fin & Feather. I picked up a 1997 Fin & Feather this morning...updates to follow soon. :D :D :D