SOLD/EXPIRED wtb::choas 16 flats used....anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by jaythefisherman, Mar 30, 2013.

1. jaythefisherman

jaythefisherman I Love microskiff.com!

looking for a good used chaos 16 bonefisher

2. gfscpa

gfscpa I Love microskiff.com!

You might have found these if you searched online.
    I search at least weekly for a Chaos.

One in St. Pete:  http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2006-CHAOS-Bonefish-101959354

One in Boca Grande:  http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2011/CHAOS-16-BONEFISH-2419923/Boca-Grande/FL/United-States

One in NC:  http://atlanticmarinesales.com/inventory/new-inventory/

3. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

There was one on here a while ago with the teak package. Probably still for sale.

4. jaythefisherman

i love the teak,,,,i know most hate it, i wish they could do the 21 as a technical poling skiff, the 16 is slightly small,going from my ranger 191 ..hmmm thanks :-?

5. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Been waiting years for one to stretch to 18'...hasn't happened yet.

6. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

Those are some pretty boats. The only thing I dont like about em. Is that spray rail in the rear. Seems like it would cause a lot of hull slap. But I have never been on one to know. Seems like they went for form over function on that. But the rail does look sweet as far as visual appeal. ;)

7. BadKnotGuy

BadKnotGuy I Love microskiff.com!

Those really are some sweet rigs. Swampfox, I think that rail you are referring to is called the quarter guard back where it is located on the boat. They function like a really hot looking rub rail located on or near the apex of the curve/tumblehome on sport-fish style boats. I see you you mean with slap though, I wonder if it could be hit a little bit on choppy days. That would be an awesome boat to test ride and add to then add to the expansive dream boat list.

8. Blue Zone

Blue Zone I Love microskiff.com!

They are working on a flats layout for their 20.

9. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Skipped right past me. :(

Any updates with Colins boats?

10. jaythefisherman

finally sold my gheenoe i can honestly say that is the most overrated, tippy piece of $%#@ i have ever owned i cant see why anyone thinks of a gheenoe as a anykind of thing but just a mild upgrade over a canoe, would never have one again, i wouldnt recomend anyone ever wasting there money on one , extreme disappointment!,,,,,but it did introduce me to a microskiff.com and all the possiblities you can do with a hull , and the extensive modifications on this site, so for that, i was thankful, but gheenoes are a complete joke!, also this website introduced me to some incredible boats , hellsbay,,especially the chaos, ankona copperhead, mitzi,shipoke etc or even st james ,these are real boats, hope i can help anyone avoid a dissappointment as i did, but then again, thats why there are so many boats brands out there, , i like stability, room, more room, rough water capability, boat layout, and storage, awesome livewells, and no hull flex, cant believe they sell a boat that the hull flexes like a trampoline , anyway, hope this helps somes quest for their perfect boat that ''fits'' them. :)

11. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

12. JRP

JRP I Love microskiff.com!

This guy must have thought he was buying a 65ft Hatteras or something I as well as every other person who has been out in it find my LT25 to be very stable ,more so than a lot of smaller skiffs on here.My older Gheenoe did flex more but that kind of gave it give to deflect of cut of limbs in tight creeks where nothing other than Aluminum will take the impact.I crashed that thing in tight places for many years where I have sunk or destroyed other boats.

13. Sheremeta

Sheremeta Well-Known Member

I loved everything about my LT25 and I would buy another one. Great micro skiff.

14. jaythefisherman

i have never been in lt 25 , it would probably be somewhat of a canoe on steroids , again gheenoe attempt to  build something closer to a real boat, however , there concept is sound, probably have the potential to be a good micro if widening up another 12-16 inches and increased the length, but for the price of lt25,,,,lots of incredible used boats far superior, like carolina skiff, many aluminums,,,,,eastbay,just like to be candid, honest about boats, never mean to offend, plus just wish someone had warned me about them, thats all im doing, i had rather be banned for honesty, people should strive to give true facts about boats, as for hatteras,,yes i have been on a 45 and 53, , my expectations for a boat , is never to flex and be tippy , the youtube video on gheenoe, was impressive ,however the evidence was not, i only weigh 180, the few time is fished it was trolling motor only, and battery and my wife, still tippy, she wouldnt get in it the few times i had 2 different motors on it, for the money buy a good used 79-89 ranger , use this awesome site and convert it to a flats boat, and you will have and awesome ,boat, guaranteed no hull flex , plenty of room , great resell (if you do a good job) , the 15'4 highsider is what i had, if you are on a budget, there are many more choices,  just my opionion , i do buy and sell used boats for a part time  living, and i am cnc machinist, been doing fiberglass work for over 30 years, had over 55 boats, i am a rather harsh critic, but i can say i had some other disappointments  like cape horn, great seaworthy, wettest boat ever, until i had a gheenoe, it is at the bottom of the list, i guess i have to end on saying a postive , the gheenoe look is very nice, then again like most lures,,,,,they catch more ''anglers''  than fish ;) ...anyway back to the topic of chaos.....cool vid i found.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eyM8dHqYW_M

think i have decided to get an older ranger and use the '''boat stretcher and widdener'' to turn it into the ''chaotic ranger''.......stay tuned for pics soon..... ::).

15. HialeahAngler

HialeahAngler Well-Known Member

All boats have their uses and so do gheenoes. Many things can be done in only a gheenoe as well. Not sure what you thought you were getting but it's a cheaper option of doing some very good, skinny fishing.

16. jaythefisherman

guess my expectations were too high, i was expecting a boat,not a canoe, guess the confusion on my part led to the disappointment.

17. Blue Zone

Blue Zone I Love microskiff.com!

If you mean Colin Rose, I have something somewhere. If I find it I'll send it along.

18. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

Are you seriously going from a highsider to a Chaos :D

I think you erred in what you expected from a Gheenoe. They are great for what they are designed to be-light,cheap,shallow,simple. Don't bash Gheenoe because you expected it to be a full fledged flats skiff. I don't own one now(ECC Lostmen). But have owned several. And wouldn't rule out another down the road. They get you places others cant. You can toss em in the back of the truck. Or on the roof. But I have realistic expectations of what I can and cant do with one. And yes you are correct. It is a upgraded canoe. Hence the noe in Gheenoe ;) Sounds like you should have went big to begin with for what you desire to do. Or at least a LT25 for Christ's sake. A Gheenoe apparently wasn't your cup of tea. ;D