Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTB Beavertail, Maverick or East Cape. Looking for something that can get easily in the flats as well as cross open water. Budget is lower 20s and closer to South Carolina the better. Located in Charleston, SC. Please let me know what you have.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You are not going to find that many BT's or East Cape skiffs below the 30K mark unless you are looking at their micro skiffs(Glide, Gladesman, or the BT micro) or the older b2, b3, or ospreys. Mavericks in good condition are going to be mid 30k to 40K unless its an older boat that might need to be repowered. My buddy bought an older strike for around $26k. I just sold my 2017 Mosquito for 31K. Great poling boat for flood tide but not as good as the evoX or the Strike for crossing the harbor on rough days.

·
Registered
152 Posts
First off I did not mean to offend. I was only trying to help but I agree my post was not that helpful and in hind sight probably should have not posted anything. Second, This is a forum so I did not know you needed someone's permission to respond(I'll ask next time.) If you can make that happen with that budget you are getting a great deal and I do wish you the best of luck cause I think you are looking at good hulls for that area. I was just trying to recommend a few more brands that might be easier to find with that budget. I will not respond to this thread after this post so say what ever but have to balls to shame me publicly. Thats half the fun of a forum.

Attachments

·
I Love microskiff.com!
Sharp Hooks Matter
482 Posts
Wow! I’ve read Twitch’s replies a couple of times and they seem informative based on the OP’s request. I believe Twitch’s market information is pretty accurate for a fishing ready rig based on the fact that I just spent several months looking and testing various boats much like the OP seeks. I’ve found that this forum is generally less critical and more folks’ input on here is posted with the intent of aiding members than many of the other forums.

For the OP in your search, I sold a 2013 Maverick HPXV 18 for $35K in Nov 2019. It had a 115 Yamaha with under 100 hours. I hope that helps even though it is more than your stated budget but it is a data point of a recent market transaction. Let us know what you find so that it can help others who are on here to learn and contribute to the betterment of this very good forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
WTB Beavertail, Maverick or East Cape. Looking for something that can get easily in the flats as well as cross open water. Budget is lower 20s and closer to South Carolina the better. Located in Charleston, SC. Please let me know what you have.
Hey im in central NC i i have a 2013 east cape Vantage with a Suk 140. My budget was like yours before i found out better financing options. Ive thought about selling my boat due to some family health issues. Price is 34k but the payment could be as low as $200 with the right financing.

·
Lip Ripper
1,715 Posts
First off I did not mean to offend. I was only trying to help but I agree my post was not that helpful and in hind sight probably should have not posted anything. Second, This is a forum so I did not know you needed someone's permission to respond(I'll ask next time.) If you can make that happen with that budget you are getting a great deal and I do wish you the best of luck cause I think you are looking at good hulls for that area. I was just trying to recommend a few more brands that might be easier to find with that budget. I will not respond to this thread after this post so say what ever but have to balls to shame me publicly. Thats half the fun of a forum.
*cents.

·
Lip Ripper
1,715 Posts
To echo Twitch, you're either going to have to go super old and ragged out or up your budget to get the brands you're looking at. If you look at an Ankona, salt marsh, skimmer you'll probably be able to find one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts