SOLD/EXPIRED wtb Beavertail B2

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Rookiemistake, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Rookiemistake

Rookiemistake Well-Known Member

LIke the title says let me know what you got and for how much.Looking for a decent shape 2007 or newer.Please send me a pm. Im in North Florida>Thanks

2. coconutgroves

coconutgroves Well-Known Member

You are going to have to hit the boards hard - once they list, they go fast. I had one show in Texas that didn't last 3 days. I just bought one from a "friend of a friend" who was going to list it in Jan/Feb - it would have went in under a week for sure.

Hit a Craigslist aggregator site that will search all areas. You might get lucky that way too.

3. Saltyroots4life

Saltyroots4life I Love microskiff.com!

http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/bod/4259006120.html

I know it's a little older than you want but something that's been listed in my area for about 2 weeks now

4. HighPlainsDrifter

HighPlainsDrifter I Love microskiff.com!

http://charleston.craigslist.org/bod/4242084986.html :)

5. el9surf

el9surf Well-Known Member

Been there for closer to a couple months. Supposedly in very good condition.

6. contenderv07

contenderv07 I Love microskiff.com!

heres one north of you (NC)
    http://wilmington.craigslist.org/bod/4242114612.html

7. Rookiemistake

Thanks guys looking for the b2 not the btx. I figured there would be a member here looking for a new ride this year and getting rid of there old boat.

8. TailN

TailN I Love microskiff.com!

I've got an 07 great condition. 50 hp 4 strk merc 400 hrs. Extended poling platform with Tibor push pole holder. Lenco tabs with LED display. Blue rock trailer. Was waiting till the spring to list it. Let me know if your interested. I can text or email pics. 407-625-2852.

9. Bluecrab

Bluecrab I Love microskiff.com!

I've got a 2007 Beavertail B2 in NSB, FL. It's loaded and fishes daily. I bought an Osprey and once I'm finished rigging the Osprey, I will be selling it.

10. What are you willing to spend? If around 20K call Tom @ Islamarine as he can sell you a Hells Bay 17.8 Whipray as he seems to have a few around most of the time. The Hells Bay's have been increasing in value the last 4 years with 2002 being the best year.

If your budget is 15K then that would be the only reason to buy a B2 which is a nice Skiff, but inferior to the build quality of the Original.

11. Rookiemistake

Thanks will give him a shout.its a bit far but maybe...

12. TailN

Hahaha never fails... Anytime a B2 is talked about a HELL's BAY guy tells us how inferior they are. Thanks, your opinion is so appreciated. By the way my next build will be a HB professional. I hope I can talk badly about another boat soon.

13. I never bashed The B2, but many of you seem to think since the Beavertail was pulled from a Hells Bay mold it is a Hells Bay or it's equal. Anyone who has spent time in both skiffs don't deny Hull Quality is not even close between the two as the Beavertail's materials are " inferior " to the HB. Mark Fisher was pretty pissed when the HB Molds did not include a list of Materials or Lay up Schedule for the Hull and his only piece of original Hull R & D was to cut off part of the Sponsons.

Why would you buy a Copy, but inferior design vs. the original @ the same price when for the last 4 years all the Older Hulls just keep increasing their value?

14. PLAYIN_HOOKY

PLAYIN_HOOKY I Love microskiff.com!

2x TailN , I'm extremely HAPPY with my 2009 Beavertail Osprey , while the "Quality" is "Inferior" to the Hells Bay Club , I SAVED $20K :D You can keep your Hells Bay ........

15. TailN

Nut... The title of this thread is "wtb B2", no one is saying the B2 is a HB. I challenge you to find an 07 whip with the options I have on my B2 for less than 25k. My point is, once again someone wants a very capable well made skiff, and you tell us how inferior they are to a HB. We get it. HB creates a great product. BUT!!!! If someone wants a top of the line skiff that's been treated well and poles in the same water as a Hells Bay, consider a B2. If Hells Bay is the Cadillac of shallow water skiffs then the B2 is certainly the Toyota. They both drive down the same roads.

16. I don't own a Hells Bay, but did own a 2000 Waterman for a couple years. I have no bone to pick if you
    Own a Beavertail or a a Pink Jon boat.

What I wrote is true, but with heavy sarcasm/humor that is hard to write ,but in a conversation it's obvious.

17. mikeregas

mikeregas I Love microskiff.com!

I saw this boat today and from a distance it's a great looking skiff...

The carpet is awefull, even my five year old was like dad why do they have a rug in the boat? That can be removed and it will fix that problem. The other is the hatches, they look the the molded hatches were list so they put som hideous plastic hatches on the back deck.

Just my opinion, I don't have a hb. I e got an Ankona.

18. captjohn

captjohn I Love microskiff.com!

Redfish!
    thanks, i was looking at that skiff on-line (im looking for a B2 as well), but the guy didnt want to trade...i have a action craft 2020...the hatches where my main concern...

Capt John
    Islamorada, FL
    www.badfishcharters.com

19. mikeregas

mikeregas I Love microskiff.com!

The bow is clean the stern section is littered with plastic hatches that all or most of them have two latches and they are raised.

Probably why the boat is still sitting...

20. Net 30

Net 30 Soy un Perdedor

If someone got this cheap enough, Wonder what it would cost to have Glasser make new replacement hatches...?

Not hard for a good fabricator.........