SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: 25hp mercury or Mariner 2-stroke tiller

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Flyline, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Flyline

Flyline Won "Do More With Less" Award!

I'm looking for 95-2005 25hp mercury or mariner 2-stroke short shaft tiller....must be running condition.

Willing to buy cash or trade my "low hours" 2003 yamaha 15hp 2-stroke short shaft tiller with 3ft carbon marine tiller piller. 28 hours on it.

My 2003 mercury 25hp 2-stroke is totaled blown motor. So I'm gotta use this for parts.

PM me or post here oif u have it or lead to the motor.

Thank you.

2. B.Lee

B.Lee Well-Known Member

Blown motor? How blown? Everyone has a different definition of a blown motor.

A rod poking through a hole in the crankcase is bad, low/no compression maybe not so bad. I would fix it.

3. orlgheenoer

orlgheenoer Well-Known Member

I would fix it blake much easier to fix it then get another one.

4. Flyline

Flyline Won "Do More With Less" Award!

It's really bad, blown crankcase, pision and rings are fried melting to the crankcase and bent shaft rod.   I ran it wide open without looking the motor doesn't pee at all and got blown up running thru thick mud :-[

$1200 for parts and labor for whole new powerhead assembly and shaft rod/linkage. I own this motor since brand new 03 merc and it's has about 500 hours on it.

5. orlgheenoer

orlgheenoer Well-Known Member

1,200 for a new motor....

fix it ;)

6. Jacbo

Jacbo Well-Known Member

Buy a shortblock, bore it .30 over, shave the head, put in high comp. pistons and up the jet size in your carb.

Still less than the price of a replacement and you'd have one sick 25!

7. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

I think you'd be better off rebuilding what you have. $1200 is a lot of $$ but you'd have a great motor with mostly new parts.

I doubt you could find another motor for anywhere near that $$, and then you're dealing with an unknown motor again, which could possibly have issues of it's own.

-T

8. B.Lee

B.Lee Well-Known Member

Unless the crankcase has a hole in it, I will rebuild it for you in trade for your 15hp Yamaha w/ the tiller pillar. I'll even pick it up and deliver it to you. ;)