SOLD/EXPIRED WTB 20' seacraft hull from the 80's...

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by TomFL, Sep 12, 2011.

1. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Condition unimportant.

80's vintage. 20' 4" LOA.

In SE FL preferably but will travel for the right hull/price.

PM me or call me at 772-521-9 9 9 zero

Thanks

-T

2. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

[movedhere] Microskiffs For Sale [move by] iMacattack.

3. TheBrazilNut

TheBrazilNut Guest

Awesome Hull! I used to have on when I lived in The Keys from '97-'99. Good luck in the find.

4. lemaymiami

lemaymiami Well-Known Member

Haven't been there recently but you might find one or two for sale at classicseacraft.com...

I had a baby SeaCraft (the 18'10" model), a Potter built '76 hull that was a stolen/recovery. I got it completely stripped from the theft and had to rebuild, and basically start from scratch. Wish I'd never sold it.... Good luck on the project. Curious why you're specifying a 20'4" hull... I believe the original SF20 was actually 19'6"....

5. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Looking for the longest version made. Actually considering taking one of the older versions, splitting it lengthwise to get 6" more beam and maybe 18" more length and popping one off it. But, that might be more involved than I'm looking to get into.

There were actually 3 different length 20 foot seacrafts made from what I've found out, depending on the model years. The 80's versions were the largest of the three version, at 20' 4".

6. lemaymiami

Tom, if you can find one, the earliest versions (the Potter hulls) were very well built. I'd take one of those 19'6" models over anything else that was made as the company changed hands. If you find one it will probably need the deck replaced if it hasn't already been done, along with a proper splashwell, etc. I suspect you already know about most of the few shortcomings that setup had. Like I said, wish I'd never sold mine. Here's a pic after lots of custom work, particularly adding livewells to my old baby back in the early eighties....'
    [​IMG]

7. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Bob, thats a beautiful sea craft! I miss how boats were built, simple, and simple to work on

8. lemaymiami

That hull was a stolen recovery. I first saw it laying on the ground in front of the owner's house and it had been pretty much stripped down to begin with. I tore it down to the pieces and completely re-built it over 18 months, fuel system, electrical, mechanical, etc. We re-built the console with new instrument panel, teak door, Awl-gripped it and moved it 10" towards the stern. Converted the in floor livewell to a wet storage well for ropes, nets, etc. then added new livewells to the stern (a friend, club member, and boat builder, Bill Aman had the molds for the boxes), while setting the hull up as a light tackle competition rig.... Oh yeah, I was a lot younger then so the skiff didn't have any seats in it... In the mid eighties I fished it as a hook and line commercial rig, solo.

9. cutrunner

Bill Aman.. I know his daughter. She works in the same marina as me for the keys Boat Mart's north location in palm beach. His old boat is there, dark green, kinda looks like a chopped down 17 mako turned flats boat, 115 yamaha inshore, fiberglass poling tower. The boat company name was "miami plastics" or somethin like that right?

10. cutrunner

Or "Aman plastics". I think thats what it is. Small world huh??? Btw sorry for the derail Tom