SOLD/EXPIRED WTB....16 - 18 ft flats boat 7500 - 8000 cash

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by zoey814, Jan 3, 2015.

1. zoey814

zoey814 I Love microskiff.com!

Lookin for a flats boat, turnkey, ready to buy mid February, found out I'm getting a Lil more money than previously thought.

2. Mgallion

Mgallion I Love microskiff.com!

I'd love to sell you mine. I'm right in your price range. Nothing needed except some life jackets and fishing tackle to be on the water tearing em' up. I'm even willing to throw in more gear items that I haven't listed in the ad. Please check out my rig at http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/boa/4814950657.html

3. zoey814

4. zoey814

5. zoey814

6. kensfl45

kensfl45 I Love microskiff.com!

Where are you located?

7. austin_gross18

austin_gross18 I Love microskiff.com!

I have a east cape gladesmen with color matched casting platform, trim tabs, rod gunnels, running lights, push pole holders, back hatch, 2 brand new batteries, ramlin trailer with all lights working. sold the engine 2398777380

8. flytyn

flytyn I Love microskiff.com!

There are plenty of skiffs posted here in your price range.

9. zoey814

Located in Orlando. I'm looking for the right skiff. One that is turnkey as well.

10. coconutgroves

coconutgroves Well-Known Member

You've bumped yourself 4 times in the past week. No offense man, but there are tons of sites to search and do the leg work yourself. Bumping yourself over other skiffs that are trying to be sold isn't cool - this is a for sale forum, not a WTB forum.

Just saying, chill. Think if everyone else did this.

11. zoey814

I'm looking to buy a boat, that's what this site is for as well, not just for people selling. You could easily ignore my post instead of commenting. If it bothers you don't look at it. It isn't affecting anyone selling their boat. And I am bumping so someone with the right boat that comes along can see it. No need for your negativity man, this is for buying AND selling.

12. spottail1588

spottail1588 I Love microskiff.com!

I think you'd have better luck searching the web yourself . I think you'll get a better deal than telling ur top dollar.

13. Edfish

Edfish I Love microskiff.com!

I completely agree with what others have said here--doing your own searches seems to be most productive, especially if you are not looking for a specific model of skiff.  Really, I think the WTB posts succeed most often when someone wants a specific, maybe tough-to-find boat (e.g. a Fin & Feather--not made anymore) and/or is willing to pay top dollar (e.g. Ankona SUV without the wait). 

However, if you are really interested in having someone help you find the "right" boat, I would suggest providing more details of what makes it the "right" boat for you.  For example, specify manufacturer, length, weight, material, steering, hp, draft, extras, etc.  If you don't know the specifics of what you'd like, you can ask for suggestions based on what you want to do most of the time (e.g., pole, trolling motor, flyfish etc.) and what water you plan to fish (e.g., Mosquito lagoon, Tampa Bay).  Asking for the right skiff without some info seems a little like telling the waiter you want the right meal and having them bring you out dishes till you pick one--not an efficient way to get what you want, and unlike the waiter, no one here is paid to help you.

I hope this is useful, good luck on your search.

14. jonterr

jonterr I Love microskiff.com!

I can see both sides of the discussion, i guess it depends on whether you are looking to buy , or sell!
    I looked on MS for about a year, and ended up buying a 2012 Copperhead. I posted a thread looking for info on fishing in the Cedar Key area, and had folks telling me i had the wrong boat for that area!
    Hell, just because i had a poling platform, doesnt mean i gotta climb on top of it and pole the oyster beds! Its a sweet boat, it floats pretty shallow, and it catches fish,! I live in the mts of Ga, so there arent many saltwater flats up here, i just liked the boat!
    I guess my point is , maybe the guy doesnt know what he wants, and is looking at his options , and has the money to spend! Whats wrong with that? Dont bust his chops!

15. Edfish

Edfish I Love microskiff.com!

Perhaps I was unclear.  I was attempting to provide advice as to how the OP might receive more responses useful towards his/her objective of finding the "right" skiff.  While my advice itself might not be useful (though I obviously think it would be), and you certainly could disagree with it, my intention was not to "bust someone's chops".

16. zoey814

Thank you jterrell, that is exactly it. This will be my first boat, I am looking to see what I can get for the money. Some I have looked at have been nicer than others and better quality for the same money. Also, a few people have sold the boat I wanted as I am still waiting on money to hit my account. Just getting my ducks in a row so to speak.

17. zoey814

Edfish, your advice is definitely useful. Like I said this is my first boat and I am looking to do a number of things with it. The lagoon, banana and Indian river, some areas in the keys etc. Posting this allows me to see my options.

18. jonterr

jonterr I Love microskiff.com!

Hey, no prob , for what its worth, ive purchased 6 boats in the last 2 yrs, started with a couple of jon boats, and upsized from there!
    The 1 thing i did every time, with the exception of the Copperhead, was stuck a brand new engine on it! Of course they were mostly 25 hps, so it was usually 3500 or less, i just didnt want the hassle of gettin stranded, or havin costly repairs!
    Thats my 2 cents worth!
    Good luck

19. coconutgroves

coconutgroves Well-Known Member

No negativity here - just giving you advice. It isn't cool to continually bump your post over others on this thread that are actually for sale posts. If you want help, be specific and cool to others. Vague posts with no info and continual bumps isn't going to get you much. That's why you didn't get any responses.

20. zoey814

I have not asked for help, I simply bump my post for anyone who is in my range to see. Its not vague either, I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, when I see it I will know. I'm not a brand whore, I just want the right skiff for me. And like I said me bumping myself is not affecting anyone selling their boats. The site is for buying as well or else there wouldn't be a site.