Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there, my name is Andres and I am looking to buy a skinny but stable skiff in the $20-$25k range ideally 16-17ft to fish two comfortably and have room for an occasional third. I do a lot of 10k island and chickee camping in kayaks and the skiff allows me to take my adventuring to the next level. Having shallow draft and being able to explore the back is a very important feature for me. I've been looking around but I am not sure which boats to look at!! No tiller and 40hp+.

Any suggestions more or less in line with this description would be extremely appreciated. Thank you and tight lines.

- Andres

·
Banned
2019 Jackson Mayfly, Jackson Kilroy DT
273 Posts
Hi there, my name is Andres and I am looking to buy a skinny but stable skiff in the $20-$25k range ideally 16-17ft to fish two comfortably and have room for an occasional third. I do a lot of 10k island and chickee camping in kayaks and the skiff allows me to take my adventuring to the next level. Having shallow draft and being able to explore the back is a very important feature for me. I've been looking around but I am not sure which boats to look at!! Any suggestions more or less in line with this description would be extremely appreciated. Thank you and tight lines.

- Andres
Keep watching these classifieds! Decent skiffs show up all the time (especially in the winter). Have cash in hand and be ready to pull the trigger quickly as with new skiff build times running 8-12 months, decent used skiffs just don't last! There always seems to be some East Cape Skiffs, Ankonas, etc. that should check all of your boxes. Good luck with the hunt!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keep watching these classifieds! Decent skiffs show up all the time (especially in the winter). Have cash in hand and be ready to pull the trigger quickly as with new skiff build times running 8-12 months, decent used skiffs just don't last! There always seems to be some East Cape Skiffs, Ankonas, etc. that should check all of your boxes. Good luck with the hunt!
Thank you!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have an 18ft hewes if that interest you at all. Not sure how (skinny) you need to get but this can poll through 12 inches of water. Loaded

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an 18ft hewes if that interest you at all. Not sure how (skinny) you need to get but this can poll through 12 inches of water. Loaded
Hi, could you please share details? It might be a bit too deep and perhaps too heavy but I can definitely consider.

·
Banned
406 Posts
I'm happy with this little Harry Spear skiff.
It wasn't nearly as much as you're willing to spend.

It's scary shallow for what it is.
Moves pretty good with the 20 HP.

I can push it off the trailer with one hand, pull it up with the dock line.
Floats in less than 6 inches, always.

Poles better with 2 than 1, but there's a sweet spot in the middle.
It's narrow enough to allow poling from inside the cockpit.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
261 Posts
Look into Biscayne Boatworks 17. I have one with a 60 Tohatsu on it and it is great! They are Currently in Homestead but I believe he is moving the operation to central FL. Great boats and the turn around for a new build is great!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
318 Posts
How about saving a lot of your $$$ and buy my 99’ Maverick Mirage HP for $14,000. 2007 Yamaha 90hp 2 stroke and 2006 custom dry launch aluminum trailer. Turn key and clean. Runs perfect. Let me know if you’re interested.

·
Registered
231 Posts
How about saving a lot of your $$$ and buy my 99’ Maverick Mirage HP for $14,000. 2007 Yamaha 90hp 2 stroke and 2006 custom dry launch aluminum trailer. Turn key and clean. Runs perfect. Let me know if you’re interested.
I'm interested. Do you have a listing I can look at?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
318 Posts
I am out of town working and have not listed it. It will formally be up for sale when I list it the weekend of the 27th. It will be available when I get home on March 1. In the meantime let me know if you have any questions

1 - 11 of 11 Posts