SOLD/EXPIRED WTB:  Boat for back of truck or the roof rack

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by dscott, Nov 3, 2008.

1. dscott

dscott Well-Known Member

I am looking for something to throw in the rear of the truck or on the roof rack and go - trailer is not essential as this has to store on the side of my house.  I am open to a 13' highsider, a canoe, jon boat or the like.  It will be used on the flats and on the rivers - a motor with it would be great but not a deal breaker.

Let me know what you have got, I am open to just about anything as long it fits the bill for the uses above. :cool:

Don

2. Kemo

Kemo The world is flat....and shallow.

I don't have anything for you, but highly recommend the 13 highsider. Carried mine around in my pick for several years, with an old SEARS 5 hp and was very happy. Anywhere your truck can go, your boat can go.

Kemo :cool:

3. dscott

dscott Well-Known Member

I was leaning towards a 13' but wanted to be open to all possibilities - you never know what someone has around.  There have been alot of cool small boats built over the years...

Question: I had a 15' highsider for awhile and loved the boat except the time I had to clean weeds from the prop and almost sunk the rear of the boat - swamped it but good. I was in the middle of a lake full of floating reptiles, wasn't a comfortable day on the water for me.  I know the rear of the 13' is wider -but is it more bouyant?  Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Don

4. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

Ahhh a bilge pump is real helpfull ...

Dave :)