Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be headed down for a few days to West Palm Beach and then up to Jupiter and will be staying not far from the beach. I was thinking about bringing a rod and walking the beach in the AM looking for snook. Not sure if this is a good time of year for that or not, just looking for any bits of advice. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I think it's a little early for the snook to be on the beach, but you never know. The fish have turned on recently on the inside. We are experiencing a lot of wind and rain right now and a mini cold front in the next couple of days. Hopefully it won't ruin the pattern. When are you coming down?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Pompano have been hit or miss. There was a few caught late Saturday afternoon at the Juno pier.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the responses. I'll be getting down Friday afternoon, catching a spring training game and then slowly migrating back north to Savannah. Any recommendations on artificials to throw at pompano? I'll have a fly rod and a light spinning rod.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Not to be a Buzzkill but surf fishing with a fly rod Friday is likely to be an act of futility. NOAA is calling for 2-4ft with 5’s accompanied by a 10-15 out of the north. That leaves Jupiter area beaches fairly churned up. I’d say your best bet would
be fishing the intercostal a bit north. Lots of places along US1 to pull off and wade out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no buzzkill there. I'm packing both and keeping my fingers crossed I might get a chance to wet a line. This is going to be a fairly quick down and back trip, so if it works out great, if not, no biggie. I'm originally from Ft. Pierce, so I know a few places to stop up that way that I could tuck up out of the wind, I'll just have to convince the wifey we need to take a break and stretch our legs for a little...

·
Registered
292 Posts
What days will you have free to fish? I'm in Jupiter and can take you out with me if you like. I have a 17 foot jon boat and if catching snook on fly is your thing, night time has been really good around dock lights with smaller minnow and shrimp flies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts