Wintertime Flyfishing Microskiff for sale

SOLD/EXPIRED 
14K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  FSUfisher 
#1 ·
16' 2003 Flats Boat w/ 2006 40hp Evinrude E-Tec

This little boat is completely tricked out. Some features are:
-Custom made livewell with underwater light
-Concealed Deck lighting for night time fishing
-Running lights rigged to the poling platform and fly casting deck (completely concealed wiring)
-New 12 Gallon gas tank (you couldn't use all the gas in this boat in one day if you tried)
-Wang Stick (concealed in gunwale wall)
-Bilge Pump
-High End Switch panel
-Keel Gaurd (so you can run the boat up on a beach and not worry about scratching it)

This boat is in perfect condition and is made for fly fishermen, dock light fishermen, or flats fishermen (or all three in one trip...who cares).

#6 ·
I talked to the owner of Smitty Marine and he said this guy stole his molds and made a bunch of boats. Smitty said, "yeah the boats awesome, I came up with the design." I am pretty sure there was some bad blood between the two companies. All of the platforms are from Smitty marine and fit the boat perfect... I tried to contact RiverKraft to see some photos of their boats and they wouldn't send them to me... Wierd... Whatever, they made an awesome little skiff that kicks butt.

#7 ·
very nice looking boat! A few things that I am curious about:

what does she honestly draft? How does she run in a chop, with the waves and cross winds? What is the max hp rating and approx weight of the boat?

#9 ·
snookaholics...just fyi, willacoochie is right down the road from where I live...i called the company which is RK Company....from what the guy told me, they are trying to get out of the boat building business...primarily due to the economy...that may be why they wouldn't send you any pics...sweet boat by the way

#10 ·
very nice looking boat!  A few things that I am curious about:

what does she honestly draft?  How does she run in a chop, with the waves and cross winds?  What is the max hp rating and approx weight of the boat?   
Ditto on the questions above and also--how wide is the boat when on the trailer at it's widest point--need to know if it will go in my garage door... :)

And, how long from end to end when on the trailer... same garage issue... ::)

Thanks!

#11 ·
honestly: floats in ab 5" of water.... Could probably get through ab 9" on a plane (I have never taken a tape out and tested it). This is probably the BEST riding little boat you will ever be on, you have to see to believe it. 2' chop, no problem (it's wierd). Cross winds will get you somewhat wet in any boat that is 12" off of the water. Max horsepower is 40hp and weight is ab 475-500lbs. It's widest point is 64" and its smallest point is 58". 16' 1" long is the overall length.

#18 ·
That skiff is slick!!

#20 ·
is my price too high or something? nobody is even interested in this skiff, its weird :mad:
It may not be. I just think people don't know much about the skiff. You put a Gheenoe or Carolina Skiff on craigslist at a decent price and it gets hits instantly...but...people know and trust the brand. They have a solid rep, etc. The same goes for other big names.

How much did the skiff retail for? What's involved in the construction (any wood? all composite? hand laid, chopper gun, or vacuum infused? etc...)?

It looks like a sweet skiff. I live in Tampa and have seen it on CL for a bit. I'm sure it's just due to brand unfamiliarity...

I hope this helps!

#21 ·
livewell is ab 15-20 gallons (holds ab 5 dozen white baits comfortably)... is my price too high or something? nobody is even interested in this skiff, its weird :mad:
It is just the times. My boat had several low low offers, but never anything near asking price. Best of luck to you.

#22 ·
is my price too high or something? nobody is even interested in this skiff, its weird :mad:
It may not be.  I just think people don't know much about the skiff.  You put a Gheenoe or Carolina Skiff on craigslist at a decent price and it gets hits instantly...but...people know and trust the brand.  They have a solid rep, etc.  The same goes for other big names.

How much did the skiff retail for?  What's involved in the construction (any wood?  all composite?  hand laid, chopper gun, or vacuum infused?  etc...)?

It looks like a sweet skiff.  I live in Tampa and have seen it on CL for a bit.  I'm sure it's just due to brand unfamiliarity...

I hope this helps!

I gree with the above... in these times, it is hard enough trying to move the well established brands.... I really like the boat, but I am in the market for a boat to use up in the Yankeetown/crystal river area (an area Ive never fished and dont know anything about!).... I am leaning toward something aluminum b/c I would hate to scratch up the fiberglass on the rocks/oyster bars....

Another thing to keep in mind is that people dont fish as often during the winter.... I see this especially with my charters where winter is a trip or two a week, where spring and summer can be 4-5..... I have also sold many boats over the years and summer fetches more buyers and higher prices.... if your not in a rush to sell it, hold on to her for a few months.... she will sell, shes a pretty boat.... and people like "pretty"....

I will continue to follow and hope you want to give her away, but personally I know itll get scooped up long before that.... good luck!

#23 ·
spoke to the builder of your boat and he told me that he had them ( all molds ) crushed :-/

Never heard that before but he told me they were for sale but none of the sale came through so he traded some parts to a farmer to use as a drinking well for the cows and paid for a company to crush the rest...
i promise I'm not making this up.

#24 ·
murphy and gramps hit the nail on the head !!  ;) not being familar with the brand the best thing would be to post a bunch of photos, the more the better because you need to spark someones interest enough to make the trip to see it.  :cool:  things can be weird when selling boats take for example my mud minnow, i posted it on craigs list and here on the forum for almost 3 months with a few hits here and there, lots of people wanting to trade some interesting stuff  :eek: but then the flood gates opened and i had 4 calls in one day,  she was gone within the next day or two  :cool:

#25 ·
Thanks guys... good words of encouragement. I was reading all of the replies and you guys seem to really care. That is refreshing. :cool: I was offered 5500 today... before that my best offer was 3k.

Murphy- its all composite materials such as a nydacore floor and high desity foam transom. There is NO WOOD.

sosstangs- Be careful around cystal river. there are limestone flats out there that you don't want to hit. It will look like a sand bar and if you run a ground there....bye bye skeg. Keep it in the channels and pole around with youre engine up until you get familiar there.

Eastcape- I think he had to crush the molds because he was getting sued by smitty marine. look at the smitty sightfisher, same exact boat. it retails for about 13k (i believe) all of the accessories on this boat are from smitty marine. He was pissed when i told him my title said riverkraft.

southbound chicken- i saw a picture of the mud minnow, really cool boat. Are they still in production?

#26 ·
Thanks guys

southbound chicken- i saw a picture of the mud minnow, really cool boat.  Are they still in production?
nope, the mud minnow molds went in to hiding years ago and havent been seen since :( yours is a sweet looking skiff that will go soon i'm sure ;) good luck :cool:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.