SOLD/EXPIRED Wintertime Flyfishing Microskiff for sale

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by snookaholics.com, Feb 18, 2010.

1. snookaholics.com

snookaholics.com check out snookaholics.com

16' 2003 Flats Boat w/ 2006 40hp Evinrude E-Tec

This little boat is completely tricked out. Some features are:
    -Custom made livewell with underwater light
    -Concealed Deck lighting for night time fishing
    -Running lights rigged to the poling platform and fly casting deck (completely concealed wiring)
    -New 12 Gallon gas tank (you couldn't use all the gas in this boat in one day if you tried)
    -Wang Stick (concealed in gunwale wall)
    -Bilge Pump
    -High End Switch panel
    -Keel Gaurd (so you can run the boat up on a beach and not worry about scratching it)

This boat is in perfect condition and is made for fly fishermen, dock light fishermen, or flats fishermen (or all three in one trip...who cares).

2. snookaholics.com

I am in Tampa.
    my phone number is (813) 495-6769

I am looking to get $6800 obo

3. rcmay

rcmay Well-Known Member

What's the make and model of the boat?

4. snookaholics.com

My title says RiverKraft. I was sold the boat as a Smitty Sightfisher. it is 16' long.

5. out-cast

out-cast Well-Known Member

??
    RIVER KRAFT BOATS
    RR 1 BOX 175
    WILLACOOCHEE, GA 31650-9637
    912-534-5798

6. snookaholics.com

I talked to the owner of Smitty Marine and he said this guy stole his molds and made a bunch of boats. Smitty said, "yeah the boats awesome, I came up with the design." I am pretty sure there was some bad blood between the two companies. All of the platforms are from Smitty marine and fit the boat perfect... I tried to contact RiverKraft to see some photos of their boats and they wouldn't send them to me... Wierd... Whatever, they made an awesome little skiff that kicks butt.

7. Capt Dan Medina

Capt Dan Medina Well-Known Member

very nice looking boat! A few things that I am curious about:

what does she honestly draft? How does she run in a chop, with the waves and cross winds? What is the max hp rating and approx weight of the boat?

8. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

lets see some more pics of her :cool:

9. flyfisheraa573

flyfisheraa573 Well-Known Member

snookaholics...just fyi, willacoochie is right down the road from where I live...i called the company which is RK Company....from what the guy told me, they are trying to get out of the boat building business...primarily due to the economy...that may be why they wouldn't send you any pics...sweet boat by the way

10. extra_n

extra_n I Love microskiff.com!

Ditto on the questions above and also--how wide is the boat when on the trailer at it's widest point--need to know if it will go in my garage door... :)

And, how long from end to end when on the trailer... same garage issue... ::)

Thanks!

11. snookaholics.com

honestly: floats in ab 5" of water.... Could probably get through ab 9" on a plane (I have never taken a tape out and tested it). This is probably the BEST riding little boat you will ever be on, you have to see to believe it. 2' chop, no problem (it's wierd). Cross winds will get you somewhat wet in any boat that is 12" off of the water. Max horsepower is 40hp and weight is ab 475-500lbs. It's widest point is 64" and its smallest point is 58". 16' 1" long is the overall length.

12. snookaholics.com

13. riptide

riptide Riptide Boat Works N.C.

Man thats a pretty boat i like the simplicity/clean look its got. somebody will snatch that thing up im shure

14. snookaholics.com

from the fly casting deck looking down

15. sfsurfr

sfsurfr Oh you fancy huh!!!

About how many gallons is the livewell? Is it plumbed with an aerator and a raw water pump? Looks like a really sweet little rig ;)

16. snookaholics.com

livewell is ab 15-20 gallons (holds ab 5 dozen white baits comfortably)... is my price too high or something? nobody is even interested in this skiff, its weird :mad:

17. rkmurphy

rkmurphy Well-Known Member

It may not be. I just think people don't know much about the skiff. You put a Gheenoe or Carolina Skiff on craigslist at a decent price and it gets hits instantly...but...people know and trust the brand. They have a solid rep, etc. The same goes for other big names.

How much did the skiff retail for? What's involved in the construction (any wood? all composite? hand laid, chopper gun, or vacuum infused? etc...)?

It looks like a sweet skiff. I live in Tampa and have seen it on CL for a bit. I'm sure it's just due to brand unfamiliarity...

I hope this helps!