Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am leaving Montana this week driving down to Florida, but need to make sure all the waters out of my motor how do I do that besides blow air through that hose connection? . Any other concerns I should have? Tried to us the search function, but nothing came up readily.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I know nothing about winterizing a boat because we don't have to do that here in Florida. I was just wondering what part of FL you headed to?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know nothing about winterizing a boat because we don't have to do that here in Florida. I was just wondering what part of FL you headed to?
I’m going to Big pine key Dec 29 to Jan 24. On the way there I’m going to hit the bay in Panama City around Christmas and then Choko for a couple days as well. We are doing a 2 night out in the glades mid Jan. So if anyone is looking for a mediocre pole guy.....

Reactions: Padre

·
Registered
924 Posts
Just trim/lower the motor all the way down for a few minutes, and it will all drain. I think the only O/B motors that had an issue were the Yamaha big blocks (300-350).

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I had to drive from MONTANA! I just got to Panama City Beach in one piece so...we will see how she runs tomorrow!

Reactions: anytide

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dude I got here on Monday, Im practically a local already right? I asked all the guys at the boat ramp where all the good spots were and no one said anything. geez

1 - 16 of 16 Posts