Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I wanted to flip something that I would like to do this winter/spring time (when the weather is cooler). I'd like to find a campground at a park that has some basic amenities and a boat ramp. The plan would be to camp out in a tent for a few days out of the week or weekend and fish, sight see and take in a new area and maybe get a group together. I would like to do this one or two times a year, if I'm solo, and even make my way up to Georgia one year.

Any recommendations of parks or locations in Florida/Georgia? TIA!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'd like to find a campground at a park that has some basic amenities and a boat ramp. The plan would be to camp out in a tent for a few days out of the week or weekend and fish, sight see and take in a new area and maybe get a group together.
So when you say, "take in a new area" where have you already been?

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Collier Seminole state park campground in Naples would be a good spot with a boat ramp on site it's close to Naples for eating and sightseeing and close to the 10 k islands just study the area good first there are a lot of oyster bars.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Somebody already put both my recommendations. St. George Island and Flamingo. there is also a KOA at Fiesta Key and Longboat Key in the Keys.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So much for roughing it. lol
Thanks for all the info on a few places to travel to with the sled.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts