Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter Reds
Air Temp - 42 / North @15 / Water Temp - 45
Man it was cold, we were cold, the water cold, the wind cold, but ...... ( there's always a but ) a crazy white hot bite.
Net results: ICM / 5 Reds vs Harold aka TexaCAN'T / 3 Reds with = 5 operator errors.
Left them biting, left Harold trying to catch up.....ICM

·
Registered
200 Posts
Went out scouting this evening with a New 7'0 E6x I got in the mail earlier today to find some reds to fish tomorrow. Little did I know I was gonna catch em tonight. First cast with the new rod, WHAM! solid mid slot redfish. I saw every fish I caught and saw two schools. Caught a bunch more in some glassy and crystal clear water. Ended up with 6 fish in-between 2 schools of 30ish fish each (all nice sized fish). When tide was high enough I saw another 20ish redfish scattered all up in the grass! Unbelievable trip with the new "lucky" rod. Heading out there again tomorrow for round 2.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
No just used an older one. Was going out for a quick trip so I grabbed the lighter board. Went out today and the winds were horrendous. I got there and saw the school I had found moved and then decided to get off the water since the winds were bad.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Went exploring since I had a hunch that school never moved and I was right. I could see the school and it was around 80 fish and all really nice fish! Chased them for an hour but wouldn’t bite. They were cruising up and down a long bank making it difficult to get on them and they kept spooking. Gave up with a skunk but it was nice knowing they are still there.

·
Registered
200 Posts
School of about 100 reds, Mid tide, Sight-fishing, Clear water. 3 fish. Pretty good winter day especially when its in the 70s. Tough to see the fish with the wind but managed to seem the school enough times to catch 3. One fish swallowed the hook and he ended up on the dinner plate 4 hours later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts