Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's about time someone put Brian on fish.......:D

Is it the same style of fishing as Fla.?......ICM
Actually it's totally different than my fishing grounds in Southwest Florida we have mangroves but no spartina grass. But similar to the Everglades as we fished oyster bar chock points where the bait is funneled thru Bryan's got them zeroed in and put me on fish and I'll return the favor in May when he comes to my fishing grounds thanks again @Unplugged

·
Registered
180 Posts
Don't worry Billy. I will show you how to catch those reds again behind figure 8. I don't mind holding your hand to teach you how to entice them to strike a lure instead of throwing dead shrimp at them like every other person that knows they are there.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Don't worry Billy. I will show you how to catch those reds again behind figure 8. I don't mind holding your hand to teach you how to entice them to strike a lure instead of throwing dead shrimp at them like every other person that knows they are there.
That was a pretty incredible day.
Always willing to learn & that was a very useful lesson.
Think I thank you that day.
DSCN4735.JPG

But you can late to the party, been catching Reds there for years on Gulp & Z-man Shrimp. Way before word reach your ears from the local tackle shops.
CIMG0943.JPG

Hurricane Florence killed off our river Stripers & guides needed a new place to fish.
Can't remember ever seeing that many charters there over the years.

This 47" Drum was also caught on a dead Shrimp.......ICM

·
Registered
180 Posts
You are right about the stripers. If they were still around, I never would have gone dock banging. That's not fun and too easy. I was desperate for a tug on my line.

·
Registered
464 Posts
You are right about the stripers. If they were still around, I never would have gone dock banging. That's not fun and too easy. I was desperate for a tug on my line.
No worries, we always got room for you.
You seem to be having a good time.
Think you were saying 15 "dock" Reds when we left....... ICM

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
14199.jpeg
14200.jpeg
20191103_114608.jpg
Okay 13 hour drive over. Day two took us to Southport because of the north wind we fished a few creeks protected from the wind. @Unplugged knows where they are it was a little slower down there but was 44 at the ramp in the morning my Florida bones were freezing here are more pics their trout fight way harder
20191103_100226.jpg
20191103_114608.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts